Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Is Mobil popular or what!!!! As this topic is about to end and I will be leaving for work soon, I just wanted to thank Richard for such a great presentation. Two VERY AWESOME collections (and thank you Rex) were shared with the rest of us. The others that contributed only enhanced this month's COTM. A big "Thankyou" to all and once again, what a great month it was.

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

P
Pegasus Offline OP
OP Offline
P
So here’s the story, and I’m stickin’ to it!! I was sitting here a few days ago trying to decide what else to include in this COTM, so I took a few pictures……..including this one………….

Then it occurred to me that even with 25 or so pump plates in my collection (see page 2 of this posting), I don’t have the ones that would have been on the pumps with these 2 globes. That’s OK……I’ve always considered the Mobil Kerosene shield PP the most difficult one to find, so let’s ask the OldGassers to tell us (or better yet, show us) what pump plates would have been used with these 2 globes. I even contacted collector Glenn Zirkle and got him to send a picture of his Mobil Kerosene PP, which is shown below…..

In addition to someday (1) being able to afford one of Richard Amistadi’s high quality signs, and (2) having a collection like Rex’s……….one of my goals in life is to have a sign just like this one hanging on MY wall!!

Then I must have had a brain fart or somethin’………because I just realized I don’t even know what the Mobilgas Ethyl pump plate looks like!! The two globes appear to be from the same time period, but I’ve been told by an expert that’s not necessarily so. Help me out here guys and gals……..what pump plate would have been on a pump with this Mobilgas Ethyl globe??

Richard

[This message has been edited by pegasus (edited 03-31-2005).]

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
P
Pegasus Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I think it was some famous Chinese guy, or maybe Daffy Duck, who once said: "the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys". Well, I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know if I'm ever lucky enough to have a grandchild, he or she will probably have a ball playing with these.........

And that's THE END!!!

PS: Thanks to all for the great pictures and the kind words.

------------------
Richard Weir
"Pegasus"
Hillsboro, Ohio

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This has just been an excellent thread. Thanks to Richard and Rex and the other oldgassers who contributed to make this and outstanding month. Thanks for your work guys.

------------------
Scott Shipers
WANTED: Imperial Refineries Items
Kansas City, Missouri 64151

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am getting all misty here at the end of this one...sniff, sniff..that was a FINE DISPLAY guys, WTG!! I have flying horse envy.

Tokheim Likes Mobil

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Pegasus: Wow what a great job you did this month.. Wish I had some Mobil stuff to share???? Everybody please keep it up...
Ric

Wanted: Conoco, Marland, Eason, Cliff Brice, Speedway and Oval E stuff!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
OUTSTANDING..thanks to all who participated and especially Richard for all the hard work done to perfection...AWESOME JOB

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WHAT CAN I SAY RICHARD? WOW! DOUBLE WOW! AWESOME COTM ON ONE OF MY FAVE COMPANY'S! THANKS SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS - I AM PERSONALLY HAPPY YOU DID IT WITH SUCH STYLE AND YOUR COLLECTION IS AWESOME! YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A FEW MORE DAYS SINCE THE NEXT COTM IS STARTING LATE! UP TO YOU! LOL!!

PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK - OUTSTANDING REPORT!

THANKS, AGAIN!
>=<=>=<=>=<=>=<=>=<=>=<=>=<=>=<=>=<=>=<=>=<=>=<=>=<=>=<=>=<=>=<=
DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES
YOUR COTM CO-HOST!

[This message has been edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (edited 03-31-2005).]

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
P
Pegasus Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Since I know many of you are sorta like me.......short attention spans.......so we'll keep this one going until Don Beaver starts his COTM on Richfield in a couple of days.

Here's a few more cans that may be of interest....a mix of domestic and foreign ones in all shapes and sizes......

The two Hippo Oil cans at the bottom left aren't related to Mobil.....but they were products of the "James Weir Company Ltd" of Canada, so I just had to have 'em!!!

------------------
Richard Weir
"Pegasus"
Hillsboro, Ohio

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Top 2 pictures are shakers. The bottom 2 pictures are a lighter i bought from Richard. I bought that lighter and a Mobilgas Special globe from him. Thanks Richard and Rex for the great pictures and story.

[This message has been edited by Jarvis (edited 04-01-2005).]

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
P
Pegasus Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Some other brand names used by Vacuum Oil in foreign markets were Sphinx and Sunflower. Here's some signs showing those brands, which were used in Europe and North Africa. Also shown is an early Socony sign showing the Tiger brand that was inherited from The Standard Oil Trust....this brand was used various former SOT companies, but finally ended up with Exxon.

Here's several signs with the Plume brand name, which was used in Australia and New Zealand. Also shown is the Laural brand, used also in Australia-New Zealand and in South Africa.

And before someone asks....the die-cut Gargoyle sign is NOT an original.....it's a fantasy piece made about 10 years ago by Dave Mercer....I just couldn't resist!!!!

------------------
Richard Weir
"Pegasus"
Hillsboro, Ohio

[This message has been edited by pegasus (edited 04-03-2005).]

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Thanks guys for keeping this going while I was at the Portland swap meet. We just got home late tonight and I will get started on Richfield company of the month in the am. The Mobil report Richard did will be hard to beat but I will give it my best shot
Thanks again
Don

[This message has been edited by gaspumpman (edited 04-04-2005).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
THANKS FOR CHECKING IN DON. LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR COTM FOR RICHFIELD LATER ON! IT'S NOT ABOUT QUALITY OR QUANTITY - IT'S ABOUT GETTING~R~DONE!
I WILL HELP OUT WHENEVER POSSIBLE....RICHFIELD IS ONE OF MY OWN FAVES! ......CAN'T WAIT!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES
YOUR C.O.T.M. CO-HOST

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
BUMP for the new members

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Thanks for bumping this up Dick. Please keep doing this with other topics! I for one cant get enough info. Heres some of my Socony & Mobilgas stuff that I now have answers for. I tried posting the photos in order of the date...think I got them right. Sorry for the reposted Socony. All dug except the Mobilgas & with that I'd like say thanks to KZ1000 for a great trade & oldgas for helping make it happen.

socony2.jpg socony1.jpg socony3.jpg McAX.jpg
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved