Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
C
This Union Oil curb sign with Medal of Honor & Gold Medal, Panama-acific Exposition Is my Favorite Item. My father worked for Union Oil in the late 20" and early 30's and he saved the sign when Union changed to the 76 type signs. It is the only one that I have ever seen.

John

[This message has been edited by Cessna195 (edited 12-20-2004).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

This is definitely my favorite pump so far for one reason only: The look on my daughter’s face when it was done. Kids are what life is all about and I hope this pump stays in the family for years to come.

Only one problem, it will have to tie with another pump for favorite when I finish my son’s this next year.

Thanks Scott for all your hard work and dedication on this thread. Wish I could have helped out more, but I don’t have much of a collection at this time in my life.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas. ~Jason

[This message has been edited by pollyman (edited 12-20-2004).]

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Great idea this month Scott!

My dad and I were out hunting for new gas and oil goodies back when I first got the 'bug' for this stuff. We used to go farm auctions and stop by farms to beg for gas and oil goodies on the way back home.

One farmer pointed us in the direction of an abandoned farm that we could have whatever we wanted from and we set out to explore. The farm was picked clean except in one of the buildings was this can that was half buried in owl droppings. We picked the can up and heard a rustling in the rafters. No sooner did we look up and this huge owl was heading right over our heads and out the door. This thing had a wingspan of at least 5 feet and was no more then 2 feet from our heads. The claws were huge. That day and this can are etched in my memory. My dad sometimes reminds of the can and the owl and we have a good laugh at the whole event.

This is definitely my favorite item.

------------------
Scott
www.frontrangegas.com

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved