Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#101273 - Thu Jan 31 2008 09:38 PM Working on another pump, a visible of some kind.
Wes Maxwell Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Central Ohio
We found this old pump in eastern North Carolina about 6-7 years ago while I was stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB. This was before I was a collector, dad bought it and brought it home. Here is a picture of it as we found/ bought it. It looks to me sort of like a Tokheim 620-B like on page 281 of Jacks book?

Dad had the base painted red, got the skins done in white. Getting ready to paint the handle tommorow so we can put it all together.

Where is a good place to get the rods that hold the top on, cylinder in place? We would like brass.

The top

What we have so far

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#101274 - Thu Jan 31 2008 09:43 PM Re: Working on another pump, a visible of some kind.
Wes Maxwell Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Central Ohio
Here is a better shot of the skins, on the right

Some of the odds and ends that go with it

#101275 - Fri Feb 01 2008 05:35 AM Re: Working on another pump, a visible of some kind.
Blair Underwood Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Locust NC USA
Wes. Try a welding supply store for Brass or get Andy at Gaspump Heaven to make you steel cut to the correct length. PS My dad is also a big Sinclair collector.
Blair Underwood, Petrolights

#101276 - Fri Feb 01 2008 08:23 AM Re: Working on another pump, a visible of some kind.
aquartlow Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Trenton, Ohio
Wes, I answered my own question from the other post. That is a Tokheim visible, I think a 620-b as I do not see a gate value. The gate value would tell you that it is a 610, dry hose. Did your dad fill the cast before paint? I think they are neat pumps but you don't see many.

Mick

#101277 - Fri Feb 01 2008 09:39 AM Re: Working on another pump, a visible of some kind.
jrwienri Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Gilbert, AZ 85234
Ron Scobie has brass rods threaded and ready to go
Jeff

#101278 - Sat Feb 02 2008 08:42 AM Re: Working on another pump, a visible of some kind.
bruzer75 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Grants Pass, OR, USA
Very nice Wes. It looks like you are staying busy in retirement.
Mike

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved