Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#101433 Thu Jan 29 2004 05:58 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
We've tried different ......Of The Month features with varying degrees of success.

I'd like your views on the following:

1. Pump Of The Month.
I'd like to resurect this feature. An example of what I would like to see is someone post Pump Of The Month for February is Tokhiem 39..........then post some info on the pumps like the year it was introduced , different variations like 39EP, 39A, etc, and tell what those variations were. Then ask for everyone to post any 39 they have, restored or not. What I don't want is a guy that says Pump Of the Month is any clockface.......

I'd like your opinion on this. Is it worth pursuing? Who would want to oversee it?

EMAIL me with your thoughts on this!

2. Sign Of The Month.
This was another feature that could have been great. We tried limiting it to pump plates but most companies didn't use enough pump plates to keep it interesting. We tried including all signs from the featured company and I thought it was much better. What I would like to see is for the person overseeing Sign Of The Month to post the featured company, and the rest of us to post signs from that company. I would like to see info on dates used also. The person overseeing this would have to work a little harder than the pump host because he'd have to post info on dates, etc.

I think this could be very interesting. Who would want to oversee it?

EMAIL me with your thoughts on this too!!!

3. Globe Of The Month.
This has been the longest running ......of the month features. I really like hosting this feature, but in recent months I haven't gotten much support. I've tried to cover companies from all over the country, as well as globes from other countries.
Like I said, I really enjoy hosting this feature.....but do you enjoy it? Is there enough interest to continue this feature?

EMAIL me with your thoughts on this!!!

Although it appears there is/was little interest in these features there are alot of guys that read and learn that don't post. Look how many members we have (1733), now look at how many guys actually post. You guys that just read need to jump in and share your knowledge with the rest of us. If you're new to the hobby jump right in with your questions. Those of you that aren't registered should register and join in the fun. This is a great site, but we need more people to get involved!

Bob Drake
Moderator- Showcase and Stories
Lastgas15@aol.com

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#101434 Thu Jan 29 2004 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
good with me!!!

[This message has been edited by Jarvis (edited 01-29-2004).]

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#101435 Thu Jan 29 2004 07:10 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
John,
This is the place where these features should be. If someone wants to see 39's all they have to do is search this site.

What I'm really looking for is people to email me their views on these types of features. That way they can tell me what they really like or dislike about them without having to worry about what others might think about what they say.
Everyone can suggest a host for these features in an email to me without putting that person on the spot.
Bob
Lastgas15@aol.com

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

#101436 Fri Jan 30 2004 10:35 AM
Hey Bob and fellow collectors, I was the original pump plate of the month guy. We did include other signs which was the way to go. The problem is there are only a few guys wanting to or able to post the signs. I could do it for them if they would email me the pictures. My problem is I travel when ever I'm off work. I only work 175 days out of the year. Gone all month June and July and don't even look at a computer. As for dating the signs I think the owner could help on that part. I'm willing to do this but need a go to guy for when I am gone. Lets hear some more input. It can be fun and gives us all a chance to see other colloctors items. Ted

#101437 Sat Jan 31 2004 11:52 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I didn't get an overwhelming amount of email, but I got several.

We're going to give Pump Of The Month another shot.

Globe Of The month will continue.

It looks good for Sign Of The Month to start up again too.

For any of these features to succeed we need the rest of you to pitch in. Post pics of your items if they fit the featured catagory. Its tough for one or two collectors to carry the load. If you can't post the pics yourself just ask for help.

We have 1739 members. We need more of you to get involved. If you're worried about security just email the pics to the person hosting the feature. They can post the pic without saying who the owner is.

Thanks to those that emailed me with their thoughts on these features. Thanks to those that submit pictures to keep these features going.
Bob

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved