Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi Everyone;

Sorry for the delay for the May/June Globe of the Month. I want to apoligize for the late start and assure everyone that the Globe of the Month is alive and well!

I farm and May has been a long, cold, wet, crappy month here in Michigan and I am glad it is over! We are definately looking forward to the CTO! Show in Columbus, Ohio next week.

Aaron is gone fishing this week so it will be the weekend before we get any photos up. For this installment of Globe of the Month we are going to be looking at metal body globes. There are quite a number of different metal body styles out there. Low profile, high profile, stepped up high profile, 11", 15", 16 1/2", 18", and metal bodies with 4", 6", 7", and 8" bases. We will be posting photos of all these different metal body styles and more in the coming weeks.

Metal body globes were predomitately used in the 1920s and early 1930s. There were literally 100s and 100s of small brand Mom and Pop stations that used metal body globes and a high percentage of these disappeared during the Depression.

Feel free to post any photos of metal body globes that you have in your collection and we will do the same! Thanks!

Lonnie

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
7" base

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved