Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#102414 Mon Apr 16 2007 08:23 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hey everyone. A few months ago we changed the rules in the Showcase and Stories forum at the request of many Shop Talk members.

Links are not allowed in this forum....PERIOD.

Items that are for sale are not in Buys Of The Week. Items that are for sale can still be posted in our regular features like Sign Of The Month or Globe Of the month....but you can't say they are for sale. For example: I might post a picture that came from an auction firm and say picture courtesy of XYZ Auction Company. What I can't post is this globe will be sold at auction by XYZ Auction Company.

I've received complaints recently about items that are for sale being posted in BOTW, and I've received complaints about links being posted in this forum.

We're not trying to pick on anyone. These rules were put into place after receiving a lot of feedback from out regular posters.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Bob Drake
Lastgas15, oldgas.com admin.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#102415 Tue Apr 17 2007 04:55 AM
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Rats! If it's about my reference to that autobody site, sorry about that. I guess I wasn't thinking when I saw that I might actually provide someone here with help.
I'm still learning.

Ed

Ed
#102416 Tue Apr 17 2007 05:59 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ed, Links are focused on guys like myself that have personal websites that display our collections or sites that has items for sale. It's just here in the Showcase and Stories forum where links are not allowed.
Not a big deal... just rules we have to follow to play.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#102417 Tue Apr 17 2007 06:33 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ed,
That rule was put into place because guys were using this forum to sell stuff when the membership agreement clearly states that items that are for sale are supposed to be posted in the for sale or trade forum.

Situations like Jarvis is in are a little different. He has a site to show off his collection, but it has a section with items that are for sale. We can't justify allowing Jarvis to post a link to his site if we don't allow dealers to post a link to theirs.

To be fair to everyone we're not allowing any links in this forum. Its nothing personal. We're just trying to treat everyone fairly.

We welcome and encourage everyone to continue to participate here in Showcase and Stories.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#102418 Tue Apr 17 2007 07:04 AM
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
OK, I understand but I may need correction every once in a while. With my memory I could hide my own Easter eggs.

Ed

Ed

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved