Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Just got home from picking up my Erie 243 at the paint shop. The guy did a fast turn time on it and did another very nice job.

Here is a before picture;

During the prep proccess;

Cleaning out the clock;

After the fresh paint;

The add glass opening. It is not square;

I still need to put it all back together and need some new parts for it like the Erie script, a pair of Sinclair add glasses, two sight glasses and other small items. Let me know if anyone knows a supplier for this model pump. I did not see everything in Vics cataloge.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WES, I KNOW PRICES VARY FROM STATE TO STATE, BUT WHAT TYPE OF SHOP DID YOU TAKE THE SHEET METAL TO AND WHAT DO THEY CHARGE AND FOR HOW MANY PIECES? I WOULD ASSUME 6? 2 DOORS, 2 SIDES, A TOP AND BOTTOM?

~DOC

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Doc
The guy that painted this and the other pumps I posted pictures of the last few weeks has a fish and llama farm here in Ohio. His buisness is slow in the winter so he restores old tractors. Dad knows him and asked if he could do some gas pump body and paint work. So far, he painted the orange and black Erie 77, the red and white Bowser, the two white Tok visible skins and my red and white Erie 243. He is in the process of also painting another Bowser in Pennzoil yellow. All of the first pumps were very solid to start with, surface rust and minor dents only. The last one he had to add some metal to the lower door, not to extensive. He has a quick turn time in the winter on pumps as they do not take a long time. Summer would be another story. He charges for supplies and I believe he said $28 an hour. My opinion, he does a very nice job for the money.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Wes I checked my Vic's cataloge, he does have the crome script. Can not help you on the other parts, don't have any Erie parts left. Richard

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved