Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

OKAY ALL YOU PETROHOLICS OUT THERE, IT'S SUNDAY EVENING AND YOU ALL KNOW WHAT THIS THREAD IS ALL ABOUT. SO LET'S GET 'EM UP AND SHOW 'EM OFF!...YOUR "BUYS OF THE WEEK" THAT IS!

THESE CAME FROM FELLOW OLDGASSER TOMD (IT'S BEEN A VERY OILZUM MONTH SO FAR):

THIS QUART SIZED BEAUTY CAME FROM A WATCHFUL FRIEND WHO SPOTTED IT IN A CUSTOMERS GARAGE AND ASKED FOR IT:

(IT'S AN OUTBOARD CAN BTW....)

MORE TO COME:

[This message has been edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (edited 11-18-2007).]

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
AND IF MY WEEKEND COULDN'T GET ANY BETTER. A RANDOM PERSON PULLS UP MY STREET TODAY WHILE I'M OUT WALKING MY DOG AND ASKED MY SISTER (ACROSS THE STREET) IF SHE KNEW OF A FELLA WHO COLLECTED THE OLDGAS AND OIL STUFF, SO SHE POINTED TO ME. I WALKED OVER AND THE GUY HANDS ME THESE COOL OLD LEATHER TEXACO PIECES AND SAYS HE FOUND THEM IN A RELATIVES GARAGE AND COULDN'T THROW THEM OUT, SO HE GAVE THEM TO ME!....

DARN, THIS THING IS ALMOST 83 YEARS OLD! AND IN PRETTY GOOD COMPLETE SHAPE! MY EYES LIT UP! LOL!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
THE SALESMAN SAMPLE KIT WAS ACCOMPANIED BY THIS OTHER ALMOST AS OLD OVERSIZED BOOK...

OKAY, NOW IT'S YOUR TURN EVERYBODY!

>>> THANKS! <<<

~DOC
YOUR B.O.T.W. HOST!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Doc- great story- you travel hundreds of miles looking for stuf and this lands right on your door step- a few of my best finds like Neon OK etc were all within 15 min of my house- keep walking your dog- don

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool stuff Doc. Great story too.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
That is some cool Texaco stuff Doc. The book looks sweet. Great story & glad to see them not go to the dump.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Doc,

That is an incredible find. I love it. Condition is exceptional, too. I wonder what else was in that garage??

Here are our meager buys of the week...

First, Tara got this Pierce Pennant oiler:

And, this cool old wooden box for a 5-gallon square transmission fluid can:

I picked up this old 1934 Diamond map of Tulsa. It's pretty cool, as it contains an awesome station image that I'll share soon.

Wes

[This message has been edited by thermactor (edited 11-18-2007).]

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Wow Doc. Talk about a wealth of information that can probably answer all kinds of questions. Congrats!
Brent

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I picked up this Pittsburgh Clock Mechanism service manual, its shows schematics and has replacement instructions for 25+ clockface pumps, a great referance.

I also recieved the first 4 of 13 bound volumes of National Petroleum news from 1927-32, these books are huge and full of great ads.

------------------
Good Luck on the Hunt
Lance / The Pogo Man
Pogo's Pumps
pogogas@telus.net

[This message has been edited by PogoGas.com (edited 11-18-2007).]

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
NO fair!!!
What a cool Texaco book Doc.

I am jealous. Maybe one day I wwill get random donations.....

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
THANKS FOR THE ATTA-BOYS, EVERYBODY. I DID MAKE THE GUY TAKE $20 - SAID I WOULD LOSE SLEEP IF HE DIDN'T. I WANTED TO GIVE MORE, BUT HE WAS VERY RELUCTANT! HE TOLD ME HE WAS LOOKING AT A HOUSE ON MY STREET SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND REMEMBERED ME AND MY GARAGE BEING HEAVILY SUBJECTED TO GAS AND OIL. I WAS AMAZED THAT HE THOUGHT OF ME FIRST AND NOT EBAY OR EVEN THE GARBAGE. IT'S NICE TO BE REMEMBERED LIKE THIS.

~DOC

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I happen to be driving pass a old Hi-Speed Gas Station last Thursday. I stopped and thought I might find something inside. I have been driving pass it for years. They rebuild starters/altenaters now. I asked the guy inside and he said follow me and took me to the service bay and look what was still hanging on the wall. Two Hi-Speed fan belt holders. It was Larry's and Curt's Hi Speed Station back in 1951..Larry and Curt are gone but they left the fan belt holders for me. Thanks guys!!! For fifty bucks off the wall they came. Here is one of them cleaned up. Now I someplace to hang my two Hi-Speed fan belts.

URL=http://imageshack.us] [/URL]

Randy

[This message has been edited by hy-flash 72 (edited 11-19-2007).]

Always looking for Hy-Flash Gas/Miller Oil, Hi-Speed Gas/ Hickok Oil and Paragon Refining items from Toledo,Ohio.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great finds Gassers, yep sometimes the stuff finds us...but not very often.

I just got the Keystone strip? type sign in the middle, the Power Flight 100. Have you guys seen or owned a sign like this before? Came from ebay. The guy said he was told it would go on a gas pump, and although it's the same width as the pump plate it is embossed painted and thin, would not take abuse well, seems like it would go on the building?
Any thoughts? Thanks

Tok likes speed lines
(trib to Rex)

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is from a couple weeks ago but my newest find.I found it on my local craigslist.

By firepowerflyer

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved