Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#103626 Thu Mar 24 2005 01:48 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
It's my pleasure to welcome Hubba back to the Showcase team as host of Product Container Of The Month or PCOTM for short. Hubba's new feature will start on the first.

I'll let Hubba fill everyone in on how this new feature will work.

Please give Hubba and all of the guys that host our Showcase and Stories features your support.

Here's what our monthly schedule looks like:

1st PCOTM hosted by Hubba.

1st Company Of The Month hosted by a different person each month. Doc is in charge of sheduling and recruiting for this feature.

First week, every other month is "Remember When" hosted by Gary Drye.

5th Found Along The Way hosted by Poorman Curt Cragg.

7th is Sign Of The Month by Ted Roach.

10th is Collector Story Of The Month hosted by a different person each month. Tom 2 Tone is in charge of sheduling and recruiting for this feature.

15th is Globe Of The Month. I'm the host.

18th is Map Of The Month. Doc hosts this feature.

21st is Pump Of The Month hosted by Neal Dunn.

21st is Neal's Pump Challenge or NPC for short. We haven't had much luck getting this one rolling. If you have pictures of pumps that you can't identify email them to Neal for this feature. It could be a lot of fun.

25th is Restoration Of The Month hosted by Jason Roach.

Every Sunday evening Doc starts a new Buys Of The Week feature.

These guys put a lot of work into these features. Please post or submit pictures if you can. The more guys that get involved, the better these features will be.

Thanks to all the guys that host the features and to all those that submit pictures and information!

Bob Drake
Lastgas15, Moderator of Showcase and Stories

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Don't forget to check out Curt's pictures and stories about old time stations in his corner of the world.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks Bob. I want to thank everyone for making quart of the month such a success. Now that we ran through the alphabet of quarts we are starting PCOTM (product container of the month) which will include all containers big, small, plastic, metal, composite, glass bottles etc. Each Month will feature a different Company. Companies put out their products in many different sizes and shapes and it will be fun to see some of the different containers used.

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm excited about this thread and even better to see Hubba back in the hosting mix. I can't wait to support this in anyway I can (no pun intended). Great job oldgas guys with coming up with something else new for this site. It just keeps getting better.

The BEST petro sight on the planet.

------------------
Scott Shipers
WANTED: Imperial Refineries Items
Kansas City, Missouri 64151

[This message has been edited by quartcans (edited 03-24-2005).]

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
YUMPIN' YIMINY! DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME? HUBBA IS BACK IN THE SHOWCASE MIX? AWESOME! SOUND LIKE A PURDY NEAT-O SUBJECT. WAY COOL! ( NOW WE GOTTA FIND AN EXCUSE TO GET QUART CANS BACK HERE...HE-HE)!

DOC @ TAG/WEST

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Guess I better get off my can and find some containers for this new feature. Sounds like fun and interesting too!

Coming in March from the Poor Man

Service Station Town USA: Buellton, CA

Featuring lots of old gas station photos from 1917 to 1960's and interesting stories about the Golden Age of the Service Station along this stretch of Highway 101 along the California coast.

C Cragg

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved