Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#103662 Fri Oct 29 2004 05:55 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hello Old Gasers,
I have been looking at old gas for the last year, but this is my first time registering. I hope this is where to ask a question. I recently purchased a 100gallon oil dispencer with a bowser pump on top. It is a riveted rectangular galvanized tank. On one end there is cast lid roughly one and half feet wide. I'm guessing that's where you fill it. At the other end there is a dip stick with a 3" cast top on it and a bowser pump and drain back tub. The bowser pump is the same as the bowser 70 pump on page 102 of Jacks book. Could some one please tell me anything about the oil dispenser???? Where it came from?? How old it is??? Where it would be used???etc...
Thank you

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#103663 Sat Oct 30 2004 04:58 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi MasterP and welcome to Oldgas. I can't help you but if you've been checking this site for a year you know the experts have the answers and it won't take long. Just wanted to say HI and welcome.

#103664 Sat Oct 30 2004 06:23 AM
Welcome to Oldgas.com. The date on the Bowser 70 is 1901. It could have been put into service and in use for many years. A possible use would have been for a store to fill containers with lubricating or heating oil.

Send me an image attached to email and I'll post it here for you. shoptalk@oldgas.com

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved