Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I'm strictly braggin with this picture. I had a very good 1st half of 2003 collecting. Not pictured is a Cities Service High-Test Anti-Knock Koolmotor clover that will be here tomorrow, two globes that have gone to other collectors, and a single lens Dino globe that went to petroliana heaven. The wind blew it over while I was preparing for this picture. If a globe was going to break I'm glad it was that one.Whew!

I was very fortunate to find some of these globes. I hope the second half of the year is good too. I've got leads on a couple more great globes.
Another collector told me he didn't like single lens globes. Six of these are single lens globes. Can you tell which ones?
Bob

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 06-29-2003).]

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob, Nothing wrong with bragging! LOL If I had bought that many in 6 months I would post a picture to. Looks great ... hate to here another lens went to the dump but I would say I would take that picture in the garage. Did any of your neighbors see what you were doing?

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
John,
No room in the garage. Its full of junk! The guy across the street might have seen me. He doesn't understand "collecting".
Can you figure out the six singles?
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Nice work Bob, I like the hicks atomic the best.
Larry

larry ivy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob, Wow if I own half that many "nice" globes in my lifetime I will be stoked! As far as singles, who cares you can only enjoy one side at the time anyway. They all look great!

Happy second half, Rob

------------------

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I like the globe ethyl, good work bob, now all you have to do is move to ohio, add a room like Craig did , looks great,

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for the compliments.
Hicks is headquartered about 60 miles from here. I've always liked that globe. The local station didn't use globes , but I remember the Hicks station in the town where I raced used them into the mid 1980's. If anyone knows where I can get some of the older round Hicks lenses let me know.
I scored the Globe and Globe Ethyl the same day! (not at the same place) I might have to add a room here Dwaine. So far my wife is fairly understanding, but every time I bring another globe home the house gets a little smaller.
I'd have to say the Jo-Re-Co is my favorite of the group pictured.
Bob

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Looks great Bob.

I love the sinclair gasoline wih the bars.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks Ethan,
It's pretty plain but since I collect Sinclair stuff I figured I "needed" it. This ones a 3pc. glass, not the 1pc. you usually see.
Bob

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Bob, who's that rough,tough, biker-lookin dude holdin your Jo-Re-Co globe? You must really trust him to let him fondle THAT one....
:-)

So that's six months of acquiring......Pretty darn nice, my friend.
If I wasn't so greedy, there would have been another clover in the picture!
Hahahaha!

multi-car mike

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Great finds!!! Love 'em all!! Agree with Gas Pump Rob, you can only see one side at a time....This stuff is a disease you know...like monkey pox it gets in your blood...Thanks for posting the picture. Neat.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Alls I have to say is VIVA LA POPS ... I am a big fat flag waiver in the Bob Drake Parade.. Because of his attitude, pleasent demeanr and over all swellness I say awsome Pops - you deserve it.. and thanks for the guidance through the years. Nice collection and may youadd to it with Karens Blessings,.
---------------------------------------------
Hubba Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The budgets gonna be tighter the 2nd half but one things for sure...I'm gonna have fun huntin globes!

Mike, I didn't know I looked like a biker....maybe thats why the old woman with the Mobilgas Special script top pump won't answer her door. Haha. I'll trade you a busted Dino lens for that busted clover

I had to wear my Sinclair attendants hat otherwise the glare would have ruined the picture.

Awe Hubba, what can I say?....Thanks my friend!
Bob

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOT WHO I PICTURED,, BUT A GOOD LOKKING DUDE NONE THE LESS,,... WHAT IS THE JOHNSON GLOBE WORTH????

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
L@@K-IN GOOD IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD VERY NICE.MAKE SURE YOU POST AGAIN IN 6 MONTHS SO WE CAN COMPAIR.WHAT DOES (KYSO) STAND FOR?Rex

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved