Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Here are a couple of photos of pumps that I did this summer with the help of this site. The SSE 76 was missing both face plates and I obtained one from N. Calif and one from Utah. The A-38 was a complete pump from Washington and I obtained the original Pure glass from Wayne Story in Virginia. I try to be ambitous during the summer here but the 110 degree heat burns that off pretty quick.
Thanks for the useful site and help.
Larry Ivy
PremoPetrol

Thanks for sharing these fine pumps with us, Larry!

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Great job Larry , you take a lot of pride in your work an it shows ,

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hey Larry , do you use the wheel roller for your pin-stripping ???? i think pin stripping looks real good,

L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Hey Dwaine,

When I need free form stripping done, I have a pinstriper who does it for me. He's such a character, its worth having him over just to visit. If its just simple outline striping, I use fine line masking tape and paint it on. Keep that seaside stuff rolling in, I love seeing it.
Larry

larry ivy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Larry, Why are you selling the Bennett 76 on eBay? That pump looks good you did a great job why don't you keep it!! Well if you must... Good luck!!!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
I truly enjoy doing pumps. I wanted to improve my painting skills and they were faster to finish and provided more experience than doing cars (it sometime takes me 3 years to do a car). I've done about 50+ and you just can't keep all of them. I collect only national pumps and alemite equipment and that takes all the room I have. While restoring a pump, I always come in contact with some new hobbyist or get to interact with old ones.
Just like old Dwaine here, would never have talked with him unless I was thinking about a new pump.

larry ivy
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Tell you what I'll do Larry , I'll send you that Seaside decal for your next project, if you promise to just have some made for your pump, and send it back , I'll, (being the nice guy that i'am) will even send you the paint numbers for matching the yellow , the blue is just a standard dark blue that all of them used ,

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved