Next Thread
Print Thread
#104196 Wed Mar 23 2005 08:09 PM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
I finished my post about the Solvang Garage a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have been given some more photos. I thought that you might like to see them since we probably won't be visiting the Solvang Garage again until after 1956 and these are early pictures.

Looks like a slow day at the Solvang Garage as the mechanics are holding up the building. Looks like the photographer was leaning though.

This must have been a family get together and celebration. Notice the Red Crown sign just behind the pump that someone is holding up. In later photos this sign is mounted under the window to the right of the garage door.

I haven't had a chance to ask Gladys Fitzgerald about the significance of this corn stalk, but it's a tall one.

If you're waiting for more stories about the Service Stations of the Santa Ynez Valley, they're coming.

Just spent the day looking through a treasure trove of old highway photos for my story on Highway 101 through Buellton, so there should be plenty of pictures and some history too!

C Cragg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#104197 Wed Mar 23 2005 09:15 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
GOT TO LOVE ALL THOSE SIGNS ....IS THAT A REO SIGN ON THE LEFT OF THE DOOR?
REX LIKES SIGNS

#104198 Wed Mar 23 2005 09:27 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
You mean over the guy holding the corndog?? It looked like the REO thing to me...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved