Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#104345 Mon Aug 04 2003 11:30 AM
T
Trip Offline OP
OP Offline
T
OK im new to this, I have a mod 70 wayne and want to refurbish it. What is the best way to remove all the old paint? (sand , paint remover etc.)And what all guts can be removed, and is there any demand for these parts?

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#104346 Mon Aug 04 2003 12:17 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Trip - I have used aircraft paint remover with success. I use a putty knife to chip away all the loose paint , then strip it. Some guys that have access to sand blasters do that but I have heard horror stories about the sheetmetal warping if it gets too hot because of the blasting so if yo ugo that route be careful. You can dump all the mechanical guts but you can also save the motor and make a buffer out of it to polish things like stainless trim and stuff for your pump. Have fun with it and dont forget to take before and after pictures and post them here so we can see. we all love to see pumps. Have fun.
---------------------------------------------
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#104347 Mon Aug 04 2003 04:58 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hey Trip, welcome. like hubba says we all have a different way. my hands don't work so good anymore, so I take my skins and frame to a powder coating shop and they know the right way to blast and thier reasonable, then the rest is like the hubba said, and if you need more info just ask. good luck, have fun. when you get to the painting part ask about that. we have some might good painter on here.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved