Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Couple of signs I stumbled across. http://pumps.theedwardsteam.com/uploads/files/IM000130.JPG

[This message has been edited by pumps&signs (edited 05-09-2005).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
DOC I GOT IT BIG THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!
DOC HOOKED ME UP WITH THE OWNER OF THE REFINERS GLOBE FROM THE METRO PETRO....WHAT A GUY THANKS DOC.......

REFINERS OIL COMPANY WAS CHOSEN BY GENERAL MOTORS TO TEST MARKET THE ANTIKNOCK ADDITIVE TETRAETHYL LEAD CALLED ETHYL TODAY.
THATS WHERE THE TERM PIONEER DISTRIBUTORS COMES FROM......SOHIO PURCHASED REFINERS IN THE 1930's

[This message has been edited by Kysoilman (edited 05-09-2005).]

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
TWO MORE GLOBES I BOUGH AT OHIO GAS...
THE HALL BROTHERS IS A DAYTON ,OHIO COMPANY,ALL OF THERE GLOBE BODIES WERE THE BANDED TYPE...HULL.THIS ONE APPEARS NOS.

THE RED CROWN HAS PROPERTY OF STANDARD OIL COMPANY EMBOSSED ON THE GLASS EDGE....ONLY ONE I HAVE SEEN LIKE THIS.
CAN YOU SEE IT?

THANKS REX

[This message has been edited by Kysoilman (edited 05-09-2005).]

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morning everyone.

Here's a couple of things I got over the last few weeks. Actually, the Wayne came a couple of months ago - but it's been in an out-building and I just got it moved into the Coop so I could get a shot of it. The Flying 'A' shoebox glass panels came off of e-bay. They are perfect. I need the 'globe' body now to make everything complete. (Anybody got an extra sitting around?)

The pump is mostly complete. It will need new side panels and the back VR frame is missing - but it came with one new front 'door'! Everything else it needs is re-bopped so none of it will be a problem. And I got it for about 1/4 of what these normally go for.

Later . . .

Jim

------------------
www.T-waysGraphics.com

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Here's my latest goodies, I have bodies for all of these, I just haven't cleaned them up and put them all together yet. The Richfield, Crown and Regular are NOS. I have about 25 pumps and I am collecting original globes for each pump. I have already started matching up all my globes for each pump restoration;

Here's three NOS metal signs one of my friends gave me. Sure, there not worth anything now but that's what they said about porcelain signs 40 years ago;

Thanks for looking, HAPPY HUNTING TO ALL!!

Neal

[This message has been edited by gas pump freak (edited 05-12-2005).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved