Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

I GOT ME THIS KEYSTONE GREASE CAN FROM AN ABANDONED BUILDING UPSTATE WHILE URBAN EXPLORING:

AND THIS UNUSUAL OUTBOARD CAN CAME FROM EBAY..."BUY IT NOW," BABY!...

OKAY, NOW LET'S SEE YOUR "BUYS OF THE WEEK!"

THANKS!

~DOC
YOUR B.O.T.W. HOST!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
found at a garage sale, painted fruit side facing out, thought what is behind the paint or what is on the other side. 5 bucks and didn't haggle the price. walked out of the the guys yard, flipped the sign over.and smiled ear to ear.
buy the way 15 incher

[This message has been edited by mobil100 (edited 05-20-2007).]

K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Way to go guys. I even got a botw myself. Just one lonely B/A can, but sumthin' is better than nuttin'. Didn't have this one, so I thought I would pick it up at an antique store in Airdrie after the show n shine yesterday.
Ken.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
POSTING THESE AWESOME BUYS OF THE WEEK FOR MIKE/GASPUMPHOBBYIST:
--------------------------------------------------------

Hello Doc and fellow old gasers.
I decided to do some shopping this week. Found this all original 36b-jumbo salesman with nice ad glass. It was in an old barn in Ind. The woman and husband(deceased) ran a sinclair station for many years & had these things stored around their house/barn. Most of the cans are still full. Nice set of opaline signs, the small rectangular sinclair I think may have been on a truck. The gas cans are embossed with sinclair. Both the large sinclair signs are still in their original rings. They were on the hillside covered with dirt and leaves. Also picked up some visibles while on my trip, two southwest, a raymond, tokheim, hayes, and butler 71. The amoco, gulf and tire sign I got from fellow old gaser, pumpcrazy. Thanks.

MORE TO GO.....

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
CON'T:

STILL MORE....

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
CON'T:

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
GREAT HAUL Doc.....

here are a few of my buys and finds......

Coke fishtail sled sign.

Very Rare LORECO (Louisiana Refinery Company) Owned by Gulf Coast oil company...bought out by Cities Service in 1932 sign single sided 42" X 48" made into a table....to bad. I will cut this out with a die cutter later.

Gibble Gas sign....mint and Butternut bread

As most of you guys know ...I collect Billups and Ride with Rose......This stuff is hard to find!!!
My proudest of the past week.

8 Billups saucers, 6 Billups plates, 7 Bread & butter plates?, 1 Billups Gravy bowl at an antique mall.
a Billups map that I didn't know about, at a swap meet.
a sterling silver golf trophy that Billups sponsered....from a guy that looks out for me.
a Billups advertisement.....wifes friend that collects old advertising......

2 decks of Ride with Rose playing cards
and 4 different Ride with Rose pencils!!!!!
from an antique shop owner that has been holding this for me.

Paddy.....still looking for Billups, Ride with Rose, Canal, and Gulf Coast Oil company items.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
R
Online Content
R
This should qualify as petroliana. This 1934 Ford pickup faithfully served the same gas station in Virginia's western Shenandoah Valley for more than 50 years. The handpainted Phillips 66 tailgate came with it (replaced with a new one) when I purchased it from the second owner who had it restored. It's now in California and retired from the daily chores that put a lot of scars on its old body. Fortunately a talented restorer brought it back to like new. Now it'll carry feather pillows.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Here is a LINCO sign I picked up at a local auction Sunday, I already had the smaller version and have been looking for this one for a long time. The auction started at 9;00 am, and they finally got to this sign about 4;00 pm. The only good part about it was,that Wes and Tara were there so we couldvisit while we were waiting. Norm.

Norm Huff
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Well, I finally have something to show you guys and galls for 'Buys of the Week'.

This lens is from an unknown Michigan company. The only lens known previously from this company is on page 115 of the 'Pink' book and appears to have been the 'High Test' version. The 'Super' version shown in the book is also the only globe known.

The new discovery was found locally in S. E. Michigan and is in terrible shape. But, there is enough paint still remaining on the lens to see what it looked like.

Here is the lens - it reads 'Michigan PRIDE Gasoline'.

The colors are: Black & Orange with a White background.

Later . . .

Jim

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Cool find on the Pride lense! What are the plans? Restore that one or use it to repo some? Nice looking lense. Congratulations on the find.

S
S
Although these pumps are very common I just picked up
2 - National 300 with ad glass tops
1 - Wayne 90 with large ad glass top
1 - Wayne 80 with large ad glass top

Sorry no photos I didn’t get a chance to take a photo before it turned dark I just took the off the trailer

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
I picked this up at a small antique shop in town, it was against the wall on the steps to the second floor. It is a 2 gallon and was pretty crusty but cleaned up good.

[This message has been edited by archer2 (edited 05-23-2007).]

Ed
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Bought these over the weekend. Hoosier Pete was a small chain based out of Indianapolis started in the 1930s. They were bought out in the late 1950s. This is the first set of these I know of, but I'm sure there are more out there waiting to be found.

Bill Fortune
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Here is a few AC Spark Plug Signs I found MINT with original wax paper dated 1941...

42 inch 2 sided plymouth valiant dealership sign

------------------

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved