Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#106480 - Thu Jul 21 2005 09:37 AM Re: My Dream Is comming true
Lastgas15 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: illinois
Terry sent these pictures in. I'll let him tell you about them.

Mighty fine station you have there Terry!

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#106481 - Tue Jul 26 2005 09:53 PM Re: My Dream Is comming true
TerryL Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: West Lafayette, Ohio
Well, I am moving in at last. It has been a real project and an enjoyable one most of the time.
The floor is from U-coat-It. It is an epoxy based floor coating that really is'nt that hard to put on. I would not reccommend it for inside a home especially in a basement. The fumes from the clear coat are extremely potent. I was afraid for someone to light a cigarette with-in 20 yards of the building when I was putting it on.
I am having a ball moving in and setting up displays and shelving for my collection. So far I have put the restored Vendo Coke machine in and my tall 39 done in Pure ofcourse. Most of my Pure cans and a showcase filled with little Pure give aways.
The whole thing turned out even better than I expected. It was a lot of work but it sure was worth it. I have had some visitors, mostly neighbors and friends and they have all said they had no idea how much it really looks like the real thing.
Thanks to all of you who have followed me along here with my dream, the folks who have posted pics for me and all who have inspired me with the great compliments. This site and the people who post on here are the greatest.
Thanks again,
Terry

#106482 - Wed Jul 27 2005 05:19 AM Re: My Dream Is comming true
+Chris Holt Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Clair MI USA
Fantastic Looking Terry ,You realy put together a Classic Building , will you be putting an Island and pumps out front?

#106483 - Fri Jul 29 2005 11:30 PM Re: My Dream Is comming true
TerryL Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Chris, I don't think I will put much outside. It is too tempting for the neighborhood kids to throw rocks at.
Our school district is in trouble now with money woes. They say the state gives $5000 per student and I would hate to see the school system lose anymore if I would catch a kid destroying something out here.

#106484 - Sat Aug 20 2005 03:53 PM Re: My Dream Is comming true
TerryL Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Well guys, I took the Rapid-Dayton visable up and a Tokeim 300 to be restored. I can't wait to get them both back and in the station.
I will post some pics when they return.

#106485 - Sat Aug 20 2005 04:15 PM Re: My Dream Is comming true
+Chris Holt Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Clair MI USA
Come on Terry hurry up , can't wait to see the end result, anyone who is into this hobby has had this Dream at some time , so comeon light a fire under someone . this is to cool

#106486 - Sat Aug 20 2005 05:35 PM Re: My Dream Is comming true
coke_and_stuff Online   content
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Mountain Home, AR USA
What kind of Vendo Coke machine? The station looks fantastic.

Joey

#106487 - Sun Feb 19 2006 04:19 PM Re: My Dream Is comming true
TerryL Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Hope no one minds me moving this back up. A couple of guys have been trying to find this and could'nt. So I shot it back up.

#106488 - Sun Feb 19 2006 08:23 PM Re: My Dream Is comming true
Ken Bird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Carstairs, Alberta,formerly Sa...
Hey Terry. Good thing you brought it back up, I was following your build, as well as other too, and have missed seeing it for a while. Please post more pics so we can drool over them. I think I can speak for everyone on here that it's been quite enjoyable watching you build your dream. Keep it goin'!
Ken.

#106489 - Mon Feb 20 2006 01:35 PM Re: My Dream Is comming true
pumpcrazy Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Dover, Ohio
Terry...just found your post and will need to visit since we are very close to you in Dover...I can obtain what is supposedly the last Pure advertising billboard in Ohio but it's a huge one...maybe 20 feet long with lots of panels...

#106490 - Mon Feb 20 2006 02:36 PM Re: My Dream Is comming true
cormy Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: PA
***WOW*** I'm just seeing this for the first time, how did I miss this? What a great place to hang out, work on cars and sip a few beers. I guess if these aren't around anymore, make your own!! But it DEFINATELY needs pumps outside. Just put some junk ones out that you don't mind if they get ruined. Just a thought.

#106491 - Wed Jan 17 2007 12:08 PM Re: My Dream Is comming true
TerryL Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Just thought I would bring this to the top again, I have some interior pics I am going to try to post.

#106492 - Wed Jan 17 2007 07:38 PM Re: My Dream Is comming true
TerryL Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Free Image Hosting at  <a href=www.ImageShack.us />
Here are my pumps. A Tokeim 300 and a tall 39

#106493 - Wed Jan 17 2007 07:53 PM Re: My Dream Is comming true
archimedes Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Clarkesville, GA
Heres the pic.

[This message has been edited by archimedes (edited 01-17-2007).]