Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hey Guys & Gals,

It's time to share the petro relics that we've stumbled across in our recent travels, and check out what other people have found as well.

If you would like to contribute to this feature, simply post the pictures here or email them directly to me and I will post them for you. Be sure to include a story or description with your subissions.

If it's too close to the next installment, please note that I may hold your contribution for posting when the new FATW comes up on the 5th day of each month.
Send 'em in!!

Happy trails!

Wes

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I've got some really neat old stations thismonth. But, after a night out on the town, I've got to get some shut-eye. I plan to start posting on Friday.

In the meantime, all of you petro hunters can post your FATW finds right here!

Wes

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wes, I should have saved these for FATW.
http://www.oldgas.com/shoptalk/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001854.html

------------------
Scott Shipers
WANTED: Quart Picture Cans
Kansas City, Missouri

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks, Scott. Those are some really cool finds. Too bad the prices are so high...

Wes

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Let's take a look at some good old stations. First, we'll check out some fantastic porcelain I've run across lately:

This Sunoco is beautiful. With a little TLC, it could look spectacular. It doesn't need many parts, just some rust stain removal and some easy-to-find Custom Service letters... I sure wish I owned it.

Check out the awesome curved glass and panels:

A look inside reveals that the owner is at least somewhat interested in the history:

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here's one of my favorites. A 3-bay porcelain Marathon. The red stripes in the porcelain are killer!

Next to the station sits this great old Chevy truck, just wasting away in the weather:

You don't see too many of these old porcelain Sinclairs around. This one is in remarkable condition. The pitched roof, of course, was added later. The red porcelain on the bathroom side is indeed original and intentional.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here's a pretty nice porcelain Standard icebox, too. This one, like so many others, has had the pitch roof added later. Probably when the original flat roof started to leak.

You can still see the where the "STANDARD" lettering was in the gaps between the striped sections.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Now let's shift gears. I've seen a lot of petro displays outside of peoples houses, but this is by far the most awesome I've ever encountered.

Located in central Wisconsin, this house has a great setup. The mural on the garage door is a really cool touch.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
real deal rainbow...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've been down this back alley a hundred times, and never found anything interesting. The other day our secretary was out for a drive with her hubby, and came in to work asking me about the pumps behind this place, well I hopped in the truck with the camera, and sure enough, 2 barn fresh Siamese twin Bowsers with a nicer lubester, just sitting there all posed. These pumps were at a local auction a few weeks back, I heard about them afterward, I'm glad to see they found a good home................

------------------
Good Luck on the Hunt
Lance / The Pogo Man
Pogo's Pumps
pogogas@telus.net

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great pictures everybody! Saw this today and thought it was FATWorthy.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I was working in Central Missouri & came across this old Skelly station. It still has the porcelian signs on it & oil rack on the island. The Skelly sign on the side above the island is made of glass. I know lexan signs are not real high on some peoples collection list but the curb sign is one I would love to have. The inside was packed full of stuff in boxes & someone parked there cars inside. I never seen anyone around it so I never got to inquire about it. I showed my wife the pics of it & she said "I would like to buy a old station like that I think they are cool". I think I am breaking her down to like this stuff LOL Hey I can wish right

[This message has been edited by gasoildude (edited 07-14-2007).]

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
In the fifth pic of the Red Crown "station", the pic of the island, there are lights on either side. They are on the front of the posts. Tell me about those. I just got back from TN where I saw what I believe to be an old car dealership and there were at least six of those on the outside of the building.
I know, I should have taken a pic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved