Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
I have several old gas station maps that I picked up with a late 1910s - early 1920s atlas of the states. Included in the bundle was a Phillips 66 "War map of the World" I cannot find a date but I believe it is from WW2, there are several interesting features to the map. I was wondering what the value of this map all are in very excellent condition may be along with the value of the following maps: Texaco Map of Texas (1946), Texaco Map of Arizona-Colorado-New Mexico-Utah (1937), Sovereign Service Map of Colorado (1934), Shell Map of Colorado (1936), Phillips 66 Map of Kansas (1936), Texaco Map of Kansas (1938), Texaco Map of Kansas (1939), Sovereign Service Map of Kansas (1934), Conoco Map of Colorado (1930?), Phillips 66 Map of Oklahoma (1935), 2-Conoco Map of Kansas (1940?), Standard Oil map of Kansas (1936), Standard Oil Map of Indiana (1930), Texaco Map of Colorado (1939), Standard oil Map of Kansas (1936), Standard oil Map of Wyoming (1934), Standard Oil Map of Nebraska (1939), & Sun Oil Map of Florida (?). Any help on value or interest in buying would be nice.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I am not a map collector, but I do have one of the Phillips maps from WW2. I believe there were a number of them depending on the year of the war. A Phillips collector will probably be able to explain this better.
As for the value of the rest of the maps, it depends on condition,etc. My suggestion is that you put each of the maps on eBay, describing it as best as possible, this will tell you what it is worth.
The value of an item is what someone is willing to pay for it, not some value stated in a book.
I wrote a gas pump identification book and value guide, but again the value of any pump listed in my book is only as good as what someone is willing to pay for the pump, not what I said it is worth. The value I posted is only a guide.
Jack Sim, Author, Gas Pump Identification book

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
YOUR 1930'S DATED MAPS CAN RANGE ANYWHERE FROM $5-$40 DEPENDING ON GRAPHICS DETAILS (DOES THE FRONT COVER FOLD OUT TO REVEAL TWO SIDE PANELS THAT MAKE UP A SCENE, ETC.), CONDITION AND SO ON. MAPS FROM THE 1940'S INCLUDING YOUR WAR MAP OF THE WORLD CAN RUN $4-$30. BUYING SINGLE MAPS ONE AT A TIME CAN BE COSTLY. I FIND THAT BUYING THEM IN A BUNDLE FOR LESS IS ALWAYS THE WAY TO GO. CHECK EBAY...FIND SIMILAR MAPS AND WATCH THEIR END RESULTS.

DOC @ TAG.EAST

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Conoco & Texaco maps from the early 1930's on are pretty common & usually are in the 5 dollar range for map collectors. The same for Standard oil maps from the same time period. Your 1935 Phillips is probably the most valuable at maybe 10-15 dollars...but, as mentioned do a search on Ebay for completed map sales to get a better idea.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved