Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 38 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 37 38
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
AWESOME JOB, Kmann! One of the best threads ever. Thanks, also, to all of you that posted.
Rod

------------------

Looking to buy or trade old gas station memorabilia such as pumps, globes, cans, signs, free give-aways, S&P shakers etc. from the 20s-60s.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have owned since 1970 a couple of Evinrudes, a Johnson and a Chrysler outboards. Sure has brought back a lot of memories. Sure wish I would have kept my cans.
Rod

------------------

[This message has been edited by rvanpelt (edited 10-10-2007).]

Looking to buy or trade old gas station memorabilia such as pumps, globes, cans, signs, free give-aways, S&P shakers etc. from the 20s-60s.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
(OKAY...MY TURN AGAIN!)

SAW THESE THE OTHER DAY AT THE COUNTRY FAIR IN RIVERHEAD. BUT DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THAT ONE IS ON THE LEFT...W/O THE MOTOR!

~DOC

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Maybe the one on the left is all gears and you would crank the handle like a paper towel dispencer. Sorry Doc.

Mick

K
kmann Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K
some sort of propulsion device ... sorry doc.. got no clue... i'll check through some books when i get a chance..

S
S
Here's my only contribution. This is a 1958 Evinrude 3 HP "Lightwin", all original, runs fine. Still has the "Evinrude Golden Jubilee" decal, and the sticker from the marina my grandfather bought it from is still mostly there. I use it as a trolling motor. It's really quiet! And it uses very little gas.
This thread actually convinced me to put in a new water pump impeller. A mechanic had told me that it probably needed replacing, I'd been meaning to get to it, and I bought a new one - 20 years ago - and just today got around to installing it! The old one turned out to be fine.

[This message has been edited by silent chief (edited 10-10-2007).]

Always looking for Texaco Canada, Supertest, White Rose, McColl Frontenac, and Miller Oil Co. info.
K
kmann Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K
take care of them ol' kickers and they will probably run forever... thanks for posting and have fun with it...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
question for the mods:is this a new record on posts?cant remember ever seein this many

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
K
kmann Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K
hey... if you guys want me to keep this goin' i will.... lol... nahhhhhhhh... ending it tonight.

K
kmann Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K
OK Guys Here We Go....time to wrap this up. Good to see so many have enjoyed this thread. I really loved putting this together. But, if it wasn't for participation, it would have gone nowhere. So, a three part dedication is in order - 1) to those who posted - I stand and applaud you. My sincere thank you for taking the time to share, be it one piece or many. For this, I am grateful. 2) For those who have read through this thread....hope you had fun with it. And now.....In my first post I stated that I really did not know why I started collecting outboard "stuff". Well....after some thought, maybe, just maybe, my dad had something to do with it. My dad lived to fish! How well I remember the times in a leaky old rowboat w/that little Evinrude on back. It goes back to the time when you could rent a rowboat and hook up your motor and head out to the bays for a day of fishing. I remember the "ritual" of adding the oil to the gasoline. It had to be just right. The sights and smells are there like it was yesterday. Pop would put a big "washtub" in the middle of the boat and we would fill it up with flounders. Game Hogs? I doubt it! Man, we would feed the neighborhood. After a day on the water, he would dump the catch in the kitchen sink, put up the cutting board and go to work. He'd be cleanin' em, mom would be cookin' em, and I would be eatin' em. Then, mom would make up packages for the neighbors and I would be the delivery boy. The neighbors with the most kids would get the most fish.
Well....Pop is gone a long time now but Pop - this thread is for you too. Thanks for those great times on the water and until we "hook" up again.....keep a tight line and I hope you caught the big one.

THANKS AGAIN ALL... it was an awesome ride..

K
kmann Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K
some of pops old gear..

K
kmann Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K
just one last thing.... take your kid (kids) fishing.... i still do. might just be a memory for them that lasts a lifetime.

K
kmann Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K
DONE !!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks you kmann Outstanding loved it. jack

K
kmann Offline OP