Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
I met a guy at an auction this weekend who said he had a very complete Fry "Tall Ten" I asked a couple of people about what they thought on price.
Can anyone tell me just how tall this pump is from base to the top of the globe ring? Is it much taller than the "average" visable? And more opinions on value would be helpful. He said he thinks it should have some sort of brass shutoff valve that may be missing. He probably reads this site because he's a well known pump guy. At least in these parts so...I'm still thinking about it! Don't start that restoration yet!
Thanks,
Chris

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
The tall ten is taller. You may want to contact Merle Baublits in La Junta I think he has one that he just bought and could help with the measurements.

Scott

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
It is 7.5" taller I have a regular 10 gallon I will measure. I am going to Merle's in the morning but when I was there last weak it was all apart to be blasted, but I will ask he may know he just sold and delivered a restored one.
Brandon

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Well I talked to Merle and he showed me the tall ten it is about the same height as a normal visable. The body is shorter than a normal visable, so a close guess is it is within a couple inches. Hope this helps. If you pass on this please email me and let me know some info on it.
Thanks
Brandon

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Thanks Brandon,
I think I'll go look at it this weekend. It's a lot of dough but I think it is a neat pump.
chris

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I had always thought the Tall Ten was significantly taller(10-12"?) than a "normal" one. I traded the one I had to my brother in Utah and can get him to measure it for you if the height is critical or even if you just want to know.

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Thanks Daveb,
I was just curious about the difference. It's not important but it would be interesting to know. I have seen the regular version and when this one came along I was curious about the difference. ALL visibles seem "tall" to me.
chris

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
It stands 9'10 3/4" to the top of the globe ring. I don't have any of my others put together, but that doesn't seem to be too much taller than what my G&B 176's are. It is still a cool pump though, something different than the usual. Especially that long cylinder. Good luck with the one you found.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved