Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#110645 Sat Jan 03 2009 04:16 PM
F
F
The new PayPal only rule was the last straw. Who wants the extra 3% tacked on and no alternatives allowed. eBid has not turned out well for me. It is UK based, does not allow dissent on its forum even when done in a civil manner. There is little traffic and the invoicing/checkout system is not very good. The basic engine is a good one though. They will suspend a sellers account for the slightest perception of any problem. I had one successful 1st class posting to the UK but the second posting was claimed to not have been received. Global priority was too expensive (insured) but possible. Buyer did a chargeback even after given proof of posting. This was the first time I have ever had a 1st class overseas go missing. eBid handled the problem poorly.

#110646 Sat Jan 03 2009 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Right now, can't say for later, but paypal IS NOT manditory for paying ebay items. It is manditory that the seller except paypal, but a buyer can still pay with M.O. and checks if the seller wants to allow them. I am bidding on 2 items right now where a payment with M.O. and/or check along with paypal are the payment options. These are gas and oil items. Wait a minute I just thought this over and for all those that ARE NOT bidding on the same items as me, you're right DO NOT go on ebay, because you can only pay for an item using paypal. Too many are bidding against me the way it is. So I repeat; I AM WRONG, YOU CAN ONLY PAY FOR ITEMS USING PAYPAL. It is not worth checking into.

[This message has been edited by Bob Richards (edited 01-03-2009).]

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
#110647 Sat Jan 03 2009 07:25 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Unless the auction states PAY PAL REQUIRED, then the buyer has to be signed up for Pay Pal to BID.

#110648 Sun Jan 04 2009 01:40 AM
F
F
Icky pooo! Who wants to be told how to pay for something by a intermediary??? Fine for a seller to so state but eBay is crossing the line now. Australia beat them, I hope we can too.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved