Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#111675 Mon Jul 16 2007 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
it appears its not only my name you don't pay attention to............we have told you several times & i will say again...........Bob, the sign is real, however the picture was stolen.....there are many big porcelain neon signs in this photo & the owners are friends of mine.....

i don't claim to be a sign expert, however i deal in signs as a full time job selling to a couple restaraunt chains & some very high end collectors....i buy & sell signs just about every day....I have been doing this full time for over 15 years however i don't know everything, but i do know the photo was copied from the internet from friends of mine.......

you say i don't answer questions, Well you have not answered any, HAVE YOU SEEN THE PHOTO ??, what should be done, etc. etc........
I am done with this post also, you have TRIED to manipulated our posts , put words into peoples mouths, change what they have said & it appears you will take no responsibility for your words or actions & you will listen to nobody...............it also appears you are trying to hide something by not listing any info in your profile & i don't deal with people like that....Good Luck

#111676 Mon Jul 16 2007 10:11 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
No possible good can come from slinging mud back and forth.

Rather, the intent of this post is to educate and shine light on a subject so legitimate collectors can make better, informed decisions. Sharing knowledge about the law and eBays policies should not be construed as criticizing anyone for how they intervened in this matter, it simply was a means to make everyone more accutely aware of the potential risks involved.

I'd be disappointed to read about a well intentioned collector intervening in an ebay auction only to see things go sideways for them.

Chad Haas
Chief Gearhead
VAULT�
12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite 300
Beaverton, OR 97005-1687
http://www.vaultgarage.com
http://www.facebook.com/VaultGarage
#111677 Mon Jul 16 2007 04:27 PM
M
Mac Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Hey guys. I feel responsible for pouring gasoline on the fire with my post about judging mobil100 for his actions. I didn't mean to start anything by questioning Chadhaas' statements with regard to Mobil100's actions. I understand the concern and potential risks in placing a bogus bid to stop the fraudulent activity on eBay. Many believed strongly that the Ad was bogus and the actions of Mobil100 may have put an end to the madness, but I think we all need to move on regarding this topic.

No point in crying over spilled milk..Mobil100 did what he thought was right with the potential risk that the Ad was legit . Could it have been a legitimate Ad....sure. The bottom line is that is stopped and I agree with Chadhaas and others, that there is always a risk in placing a bogus bid to stop fraudulent activity as it is a legally-binding contract to purchase an item.

I appreciate everyone's passion for this topic and their opinions, but in the end we are all members of this great site because we love gas and oil stuff. Let's not forget why we tune into this site every day. There's a lot of knowledge to be learned on this site and many great people in this hobby.

Let's put this to bed once and for all and let bygones be bygones. Life is stressful enough to ruin our love for the hobby with harsh comments and spite for anyone with an opinion that differs from our own. In the end, none of us fell victim to the scammer running the phony Ad, so let's count ourselves lucky and move on.

I'm out.........

Mac

#111678 Mon Jul 16 2007 04:52 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Shot at 2007-07-16

#111679 Mon Jul 16 2007 04:55 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
THANK YOU! GOODNIGHT!!!!!

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]