Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
OP Offline
L
Hi Guys! I found this forum while researching vintage gas signs an elderly gentleman had asked me to list for him. Check out my auctions and please let me know if any one from here places a bid! (Just to let me know that my time and work on this was worth it :-) Thanks a Bunch and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! May God Bless You All! Lori (Lorimommy3)
http://stores.ebay.com/id=595018871?ssPageName=ME:F:STrefid=store

------------------
All The Flowers of All the Tomorrows are in the Seeds of TODAY!

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Welcome to Old Gas Lori. We will check them out for sure. Thanks for sharing

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks! I have a few more to list but I am still researching them. I find all of this most interesting I had never realized how hard some of these were to find! I will let you guys know when I list the others and maybe a few of you could offer some info on a couple that I can't find anything on.. Here's an example - I have a "COAL IS CASH" Tin embossed sign that has a Diavolo witch emblem on it.. it is from the Colorado Fuel and Iron Company. I can find very little info on this and the gentleman that has asked me to sell it for him says that he thinks it to be from the 30's... If anyone wants to see pics or has any info please let me know. I like to find out as much as possible about items before I offer them for bid.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Lori

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I can tell you that CF&I is from Pueblo, Colorado. The mills are still there, but under a different name.

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks Daveb.. Do you have any idea the new name of the company? I have not found that in my research thus far But I have not had a chance to really study it in depth. Lori

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Colorado Foundry & Iron, Rail Division, Railroad stuff if I remember correcly. They have in the past, and still do, make rail, tie plates, spikes, and other such railroad pieces. They are a long time resident of Pueblo Colorado, from the 1880s as they were served by the Denver & New Orleans Railroad, and their decendants, and have made other steel "stuff" in the past. There is much more history here with them, but I dont know any more of it. Dont let the name confuse the issue. In the late 1800, and early 1900s, it was quite possible that they were in the fuel business. There is also a refinery or two in the area that also adds a bit of color to the area history. Good Luck. How about a pic?

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Anything Chevron
L
OP Offline
L
Hi Thunder II Thanks so much for the information!! Will this forum allow html? Can I post a picture directly to my post? Please reply and I will post a pic asap. Thanks again for all of the information you guys are the greatest. Lori

L
OP Offline
L

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here is the picture:

These come up for sale a few times a year. Condition is not the best of this example IMO but still a neat piece!

Scott Wright
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Heres lori's sign....

And call me Thunder, please....
Edited because Scott beat me to the pic posting.....

[This message has been edited by Thunder II (edited 11-24-2007).]

Anything Chevron
L
OP Offline
L
LOL You guys are funny.. thanks for posting that pic.. mine says "html is off" so I assumed I couldn't do it. Has anyone checked out my auctions? Could someone please tell me what the big deal is with tag toppers? The pennzoil one that I have listed has really drawn a lot of interest. Lori

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
License Topper

For what it is worth, I have been collecting oil and gas for only 10 years and that is the first Pennzoil topper I have seen. Not sure if it is rare, or I just haven't seen one.

Alex

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
L
OP Offline
L
Yeah it has to be rare I have searched for 2 weeks and this is the only one that I have been able to turn up. I have found quite a few tags but no toppers.. I wish I had an entire box :-) The end price was $432.00 Not bad for such a small piece.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Lori,
CF&I is from my home town Pueblo,Colorado. CF&I had Coal mines in Southern Colorado. I collect CF&I Coal signs, along with Gas & OIL stuff. Here is a picture of another CF&I Coal sign. By the way "Diavolo" means DEMON is Itailan, See the three devils on the signs?
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf04b3127cceb1078b1dac1900000026108AbuWTho3ZNL[/img]
Ric

[This message has been edited by DuceCpe (edited 11-25-2007).]

Wanted: Conoco, Marland, Eason, Cliff Brice, Speedway and Oval E stuff!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved