Print Thread
#112806 Sun Feb 25 2007 03:17 PM
B
buytex Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
check this out200080753890 this guy listed the sign as the small rarer version i emailed right away to see if size was correct also more pictures never heard back until 2 hours before auction ended he said he had surgery i asked again about size he never wrote back little did i know doug asked the same questions he posted it about 2minutes before auction ended i had no time to retract my bid whatch out for this scum bag rick

#112807 Sun Feb 25 2007 04:08 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
I'll back Rick up on this one... I wrote the seller in the opening hours of the auction, for close ups of the front and back, and exact measurements of the sign. He wrote me back the following day that he would.
I then wrote a total of 3 times again asking for the tale of the tape, and photos. I then found out the actual measurments of this sign( smaller version are 8" X 15"... So I decided not to bid on it, with all the red flags that were put out. With just a few minutes to go last night he added my question from days before with 12" X 22", in the description for a week was approx. 9" X 14"... A real jewel of a seller. In his feedback I've seen where Butch & Mopardreamachines have dealt with him before. Anybody live near Vegas? I need a job taken care of !!! LOL

BlackT

Can somone please insert this auction into the thread so it's easy for everyone to see this Prince of a Seller ?

[This message has been edited by blackteetexacogold (edited 02-25-2007).]

#112808 Sun Feb 25 2007 04:10 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
yea Rick, that guy pulled a fast one. Doug and I were watching and had discussed the sign for several days. The auction went down as Rick described it. The sign's true size was not revealed until the closing minutes. With his incorrect description throughout the whole auction, you should have some recourse. Let me know if you need help disputing this auction, if you take it farther. I would.

#112809 Sun Feb 25 2007 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rick. Send the guy an email saying you wish to not go through with the deal as the sign is "not as described." If he files a complaint with ebay through the non-paying bidder, let them know that he listed the sign as one thing and at the last minute changes the data. If he had n ot put in the size and you didn't ask, that would be another thing. But, he screwed this up and you should be off the hook. But, if you want to pay $300 for a Texaco 12X 22, give me a call. Just kidding. Good luck.

Tom

AKA Alex

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
#112810 Sun Feb 25 2007 05:45 PM
B
buytex Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
thanks guys i wrote him a nice reply @#%$@$^%$##$%^^$$#%^&&%$%&& he had the nerve to ask me if i had any questions 30min before auction ended i have not heared back from him if he reports me i will deal with it i been doing this for 28 years and money isn't everything friends of the hobby are first rick

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved