COOL!

So, who is

Dave Callison from "Udders",

and, 40' X 100"?

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Larry:

I think it's 40" wide by 100" tall overall. That's my guess anyway!

Dave is from Michigan and occasionally posts here. I forget his screen name.

He used to own a gas pump resto business and store front (Udders) down in Monroe MI (I think that's where it was). He has been restoring pumps for a long time and does superior work. He has supplied some of the big-name collectors on the Left Coast (and elsewhere) with some of their best pieces.

He also has a Gilmore collection that is not to be believed.

Maybe if he sees this - he'll post how the name 'Udders' came to be. It's a good story.

Later . . .

Jim

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks Jim!

Hope he does would love to here about it.

Larry

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The more I look at that pump the more questions I have. """I am not saying it isn't as adverised""". Cause I don't own a twin. But the Visi's are not right and why reduce to 3/4" 'rubber hose' and go to a 'reproduction' nozzles on each? I know, build it the way you want it. I appreciate that, but if you are going to ask a 'PREMIUM' price why not do it the way it came? Maybe I am way off here. 'Sorry if I am'. But didn't someone make an 850 twin copy?
Lance, look closely at your pump and give us an assessment of what you think.

LARRY

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
check out the sinclair sign post. is it a custom fab. or maybe fiberglass. does anyone know anything about it , would love to have one

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
hi larry i am dave callison and yes that is one of my resto i do them as the customer wants it as to the way udders came to be i once owned a all steel 41 willys that i built for the riddler in detroit and i wanted a licence plate that said its tits but mich dmv said no way so i said how about udders and the girl looked it up and said ok then when i opened my shop like all companys icame up with the saying the bull stops here think about it i will a call a ace a ace and not worry about it we all our put our pants on one leg at a time thanks dave

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hard to tell, the skins are definately new, the originals have a vertical double seam to match up with the castings, I'd have to see rest in person. I'll say it again though, without the guts its just a shell you could build out of parts, but I'm a barn fresh kind of guy, it's only original once.

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Dave is it an Original Factory pump OR a Glenn Thompson Kit ?
Thanks
db

------------------
** NEED A LID ? **
FREE MINOR DENT REMOVAL, CAN DO
W/ 4oz., 1 qt., Imp. qt, 6 5/8" dia.Gallon & 5qt Re-lidding. Solid or slotted bank lids.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That would make sense, it just doesn't look right, didn't realize Glenn Repro'd these. Thats why I like barn fresh, no one ever fakes a rusty oily pump!

Lance @ Pogos Garage

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Dick is correct, the late Glenn Thompson did reproduce the 850 twin. how many ????

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
no this is not a glen thompson repo this pump at one time belonged to vic raupe many years ago was also featured in one of his old catalogs years ago the visi are correct but yes i reskinned the lower end of the pump yes its gutted ever move one heavy as hell this pump is drop dead gorgeous orginal globes at the time could not find origanal nozzells customer said thats ok he loved it as it was done dave udders the bull stops here i have done more pumps then most of you will ever see in your lifetime and alot of rare ones no earl shiep jobs here or powder coat spiecals this bs is why people lurk rather then post everyone have a good day

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't think anyone is pointing fingers, just asking direct question's, in the absence of factual knowledge, you have to find the answers where you can. It comes down to, did this pump start it's life with the parts that are on it now, that's not an unrealistic question for a pump worth what it is. I can buy everything to build a '67 Mustang GT350, and it's pretty to look at, but it's still not a real Shelby.

[This message has been edited by PogoGas.com (edited 10-03-2007).]

Lance @ Pogos Garage

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I like the looks of the double pump.
The Sinclair pump on the other hand has a fantasy globe and decal on it. I myself would have prefered either an original or a repo HC globe, decal combo or one of several other Sinclair combos, real or repo. I never liked this fantasy Sinclair globe design. (The Sinclair sign in the post is also not an original) My opinion, with all of the authentic good looking Sinclair globes, why would some one buy this fantasy one, it's not very attractive in my opinion.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved