#114424 Sun Feb 10 2008 02:09 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I'll be on strike the 18th thru the 25th as a buyer or seller . I'm a small fish and e-bay won't even feel it but I'll feel better;;;;;;;;;;;Ron

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I really doubt if this will be the straw that breaks the camels back.
But ya got to start somewhere.
Google or Microsoft need to set up an On-Line auction site, then ebay will take notice, & give sellers/buyers other options.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If less than say 200,000 go on this strike, ebay will not even notice. One of the new changes sounds good to this buyer. I have been ripped off by 4 sellers so far who ran auctions took the proceeds and never sent the items. Each and everyone of them took the money in their accounts and left. So no money left to cover what I paid. I know that a number of sellers haven't been paid for their items, but how many sent the item before it was paid for? None... how many buyers have sent money and never received the item and then never received any money back? A lot....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob brings up a good point-If you sell an item and dont get paid you are out the time etc-you can get your fees back- you can still leave a non paying strike against bidder- you can always try to get the backup bidder- If you pay for an item and dont get it you are most of the time out your payment- I have talked to many buyers who shy away from ebay as they have or know people who have got burnt-all the bogus stuff- signs from Argentina etc have scared a lot of people- I think ebay is trying to find someway to get buyers back- I think in a small way the bogus sellers has helped the shows- people like to see what they are buying- mainly on expensive items- just more of my thoughts- thanks don

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved