Page 2 of 2 1 2
#11703 Mon Dec 16 2002 10:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now Now Dwaine, we've already been there and done that, but I'll tell you what, if you keep up the cool emails, you can bash me all you want. In Jacks defense, despite his overeacting, it really sucks being put down over the net, I know from experieince. Its Christmas so let's all get along and realize how good we have it, being able to brag about who's got the coolest pump or the greatest sign. Jack, smile you wrote a cool book, and any time you put yourself out there, you get a little mud in the face, how you react is the true measure of the man, so please continue with your postings. Now, lets get back to bragging and showing off, and maybe think about those with real problems.
Have a Great Holiday Everyone......Lance

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#11704 Mon Dec 16 2002 11:10 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Yea , lance , we thought you went to mexico for the winter , gittin cold up there A.

#11705 Mon Dec 16 2002 11:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's 45 above and no sign of snow yet, hopefully next week so Santa can deliver me a new clockface. How's things down south, probably better than that, I hear its a little chilly out east though?

#11706 Tue Dec 17 2002 05:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
All I can say is I'm glad I'm in this hobby for fun and not for profit. Sounds like some of you guys aren't having any fun at all!

I appreciate all those that take the time to write reference books, and those that take a financial risk to make restoration parts. That doesn't mean that I won't (or shouldn't) shop for the best price. After all, money is much easier to spend than it is to earn for most of us. $5 is a big deal on a $30 or $35 item. If you're talking about a $500 item then it wouldn't be a factor to most people. Although price is a factor to most of us, I believe most collectors develope loyalty to certain vendors over time.

Participation on this site is voluntary. If someone just wants to offer some advice thats great. If someone wants to sell their goods or services that's fine too. I bet Jack sold several copies of his book through his postings here. I'm sure he sold quite a few copies of his literature too so he's been compensated for his efforts. Why would anyone not want Ron Scobie to make a sale? Where would this hobby be if Ron hadn't made all those pump restoration parts? Also, like Jim said, Amazon supports this site financially.

If Jack doesn't want to answer questions thats up to him. But that will eliminate of of the venues he uses to sell his books and literature.

Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#11707 Tue Dec 17 2002 08:55 PM
D
D
I haven't personally made much of a contribution on this site but I do want to say that LastGas15 sums my feelings perfectly on this subject !

Dennis Moen
#11708 Tue Dec 17 2002 09:50 PM
Lastgas15 gets a gold star!! Well put. Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

#11709 Tue Dec 17 2002 10:35 PM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
I have to agree with lastgas he said it all

Chris Holt
#11710 Tue Dec 17 2002 11:47 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Compensation for input to the site?Give me a break.If I had to compensate Dwaine Buck for all the entertainment he has provided me over the last few months,I'd have to sell my Wayne 60!(Hey,Dwaine maybe I'll just ship it to you for Christmas...)Happy Holidays everyone!Tim Hansen

Member #163
#11711 Wed Dec 18 2002 06:59 AM
S
S
Jack, Your book is great and I think it would be a great injustice to all of the people on this website if you quit answering qustions just because one guy (who thought he was helping someone else) tried to sell one of your books.

#11712 Wed Dec 18 2002 05:24 PM
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
I think we forgot to get to the actual point of this thread which was to try and ID that Gilbarco for Shawn. Could you post a photo for us? That should answer what is is.

#11713 Wed Dec 18 2002 07:45 PM
G
gam Offline
G
Racegas

Why don't you post the topic again? I never saw an answer to your question. The moderator
should then rename this thread for those who want to continue this topic. My only comment:
Don't sell your books to Amazon if you don't want people to buy from them. I hope cooler heads prevail in the end when we all realize we are here to enjoy the hobby.

GAM

#11714 Thu Dec 19 2002 08:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jack, I have defended you several times in various threads on this web site. This time you were out of line. A fellow collector recommends your book and you rip him? I'm not going to beg you to post on this web site because you are only hurting yourself. I flat out guarantee you would not have sold as many books had you not been posting on this site. I also find it hard to believe you don't make any money off of all sales of your book, if you don't, you made a bad deal with the publisher, don't blame fellow collectors for that.

#11715 Thu Dec 19 2002 11:20 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
WOW!!!! CABIN FEVER HAS SET IN EARLY THIS WINTER.ALL YOU GUYS NEED A VISIT TO DR.PHIL. MERRY CHRISTMAS, REX

------------------

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved