Next Thread
Print Thread
#12217 Fri Jan 03 2003 06:42 AM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
As they say, "two heads are better then one". I just received a Tokheim 350-P to restore. It is on page 296, upper left pic, in Jack's new book. A single cabinet, single doors with two ad glasses on each one, and a single globe. Two computers behind a single large window. It is decaled as "full service" and "self service". That 70's decor has got to go. The customer has no idea what he wants and I have some ideas, but because this site is so great and you guys have some terrific ideas, I thought I would solicite some opinions. My idea is to go with a single brand (as Phillips 66), turn the globe sideways and use two different lens, and use a brand in one ad glass, "ethyl" in the other. Any other restoration ideas will be appreciated. So come on guys, I know you are smarter then me. Thank you in advance.

[This message has been edited by Gary Drye (edited 01-03-2003).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#12218 Fri Jan 03 2003 08:18 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gary, Is he going to put the pump inside or outside? If inside Mobil made a globe (see gas globe book 1 page 127 right side in the middle) that had the Horse at the top and bottom left side had Mobilgas Special and the right had Mobilgas with arrows to each side. You could get a plain lens and have stickers made. I love that globe!!! When you get it done you are going to have to post us a picture.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#12219 Fri Jan 03 2003 09:27 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
actually Gary you will be useing the globe the write way ,in a lot of the pictures i have that was the way the globe set, so drivers could see the add as it was lit.
I have one Seaside globe with the ethyl add on one side and the owners name ,address on the other , so it sat on top side ways so it could be seen going and comeing .
Heres something NEW I'm thinking about and i'm going to share , I've talked to PREMOPETROL about this and he thinks its a good ideal , I'm limited on room for pumps , but theres a few more west coast ones i would like to do , but can't afford anymore pumps , so , take the ones you have and split them , do one side one kind and the other something else , then build a lazy susie that will take the wieght so you can display one side as sinclair the other as a pure , or what ever you want , that way you can turn them , man can you freak out some one , they see it one way and while there looking at something else you turn the pump ,

#12220 Fri Jan 03 2003 09:39 AM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
Two good ideas so far. I forgot to mention the pumps he already has. Mobil is one, Sinclair HC, Shell, and Polly. The Lazy susan idea is great, but I really don't know where he is gonna have extra room to put this pump and it would have to have the extra room to turn around. I will definitly run both ideas by him as well as sending him a catalogue of all the globes repro'ed. Keep 'em coming. Thanks.

#12221 Fri Jan 03 2003 05:44 PM
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Gary; I have the same pump your talking about,but mine does'nt have ad glass in doors. I was thinking it would make a great display pump, but I hate to cut up a good original pump. I've seen pics of some of your pumps on this site and whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will look super. Post a picture if you get it done, maybe i'll get motivated.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved