Next Thread
Print Thread
#123213 Thu Oct 11 2007 09:50 AM
W
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
W
Just sold with a buy it now. Wonder where this one will turn up next for sale. Watch out! http://cgi.ebay.com/OLD-BULKO-GASOLINE-P...1QQcmdZViewItem

Bill Fortune
#123214 Thu Oct 11 2007 01:59 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I went to report him to ebay and they had a toll free # for me to call (new customer service) I ripped on him to the lady who answered. She seemed concerned but they are still listed. check all his auctions all junk
from what I can tell.

#123215 Thu Oct 11 2007 02:49 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I don't dispute that his stuff is fake, but I just want to know how to tell. I know that some of his signs have holes in wrong places, and all have rusty backs, but are we sure all of his stuff are fakes?

If so, there is a way to get to him even though the auctions are private. When people leave feedback, they can be contacted through eBay, even though you can't tell what they bought. Someone could contact all of them and let them know that what they bought was probably fake. I'm not going to do it because I don't know enough about the items to say if they are fake or not. Most of these are new to me. Anybody else want to take on the task? One good thing is that he only takes paypal, so they can get back anything still in his account, and may be able to track him by his address on his credit card (or something). He probably doesn't keep much in there, but anything would help.

The reason I ask if they are all fake is that he has ALOT of stuff for sale. It probably takes a long time to make a high-quality fake like those, and he doesn't seem to make a ton of each. If I were faking signs (I never would), I would make 4 or 5 different signs and then just churn out a ton of each. He has such a wide collection that it must be an incredible amount of work.

That brings up another question: how are these signs (fakes and real) made? Are they just painted freehand, or are they made by screening?

Tom
#123216 Thu Oct 11 2007 10:47 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Look at his completed items.
He has sold 900.00 worth of fake signs today alone. If he is really in Argentina he probably has a sweat shop going making a lot of signs.

[This message has been edited by gaspumpman (edited 10-12-2007).]

#123217 Wed Oct 17 2007 11:59 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Well, he finally got dinged again. A second negative feedback saying his stuff is fake. maybe that'll slow him down a bit.

Tom

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved