Print Thread
#124937 Sat Nov 03 2007 03:15 PM
Y
ynot Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
OOOOOOOOPS... made a Boo-Boo in our previous posting!

ITS ACTUALLY A BENNETT 1066 SERIES GAS PUMP!

Have recently started working on our very own, first ever gas pump! Ours appears to be the version without the larger rectangular door ad glass inserts. Just has the smaller round ad glass inside the top -0- trim. Plus never seems to have had the hose guard bars.

Some of the various items, still needed:

- door, 3 1/2" round, white or whatever ad glass inserts [2]

- #? light bulbs [2] for face display fixtures

- curved door glass to cover faces etc

- #103 rubber surround for glass inserts that accepts the stainless trim pieces

- complete set of stainless trim [both sides] that fits over the rubber seals, preferably with the neccessary mounting clips etc

- ? hose guard bars [2]

Any and all, greatly appreciated!

[This message has been edited by ynot (edited 11-04-2007).]

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
ynot- I did a Bennett 966 recently. The 966 and the 1066 are somewhat similar in appearance. The 31/2" round disc, curved door glass,#103 rubber, hose gaurds, can all be purchased through suppliers on this site or Gas Pump Heaven. The lights are standard bulbs or the new fluorescent low watt. I use the curly fluorescent because they stay cool and are bright with minimal power usage.

I opted not to use the hose guards on my 966, but they were not available from the part suppliers at the time I was purchasing parts for my Bennett 966 pump.

I purchased the window stainless trim from Tom Buckles: tjbuckles@embarqmail.com. He is a great guy to deal with and has many original parts off pumps he parts out.His prices are right in line too!
The stainless window trim mounts with a clip that fits in the back of the trim and looks like a small nail. The nail pokes through the #103 rubber to hold the trim to the rubber. Once the nail is through the rubber, a small piece of flat steel slips over the nail to hold it together. You could use almost anything to cap the nail.

Installing the curved glass over the face...you might use language that is not suitable for children(lol). I have heard some use a piece of string to "rope" the rubber around the glass by inserting the string into the groove on the rubber and pulling the rubber edge over the glass as you go along. I had the best luck using a glass "bone" or plastic spoon and lots of slick glass cleaner to aid in sliding the rubber into the 103 slot. I believe the 103 has a lock seam on it, (can't remember without looking at a parts book). Use lots a patience on the window install...you will get it but it takes time.

Good luck with your fist pump...it wont be your last. I like the way the Bennetts look with the spear trim. I did mine in "Signal" theme with red body and black doors. I gutted the pump and put two drawers inside and made a entertainment storage for CD's and DVD's. Worked well for me.

Good Luck

Kurt

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to the site!
I have several of the parts you need.
I need to check on how many of the window trim I have left. Those sell very good.
The light bulbs you need for your pump I think are the long flourescent tubes which are somewhat hard to find.
Kurt gave you some good advise on installing the glass, patience.
I also have the hose guards.
The rest of the parts as Kurt said is best to go with reproduced, Vic's 66 is a great company to deal with also.
Drop me an email and I can get back with availability.
Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
On the 1066 parts you need...I have lots of the parts also. Let me know what you need and will get back to you....Remember few months back you were interested in some drive-in speakers??..If stil interestd, I have several now, LMK...tks Warren

Y
ynot Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Hey Kurt! We sure do appreciate all that great info and neat tips along with the parts lead. Good stuff!

Emails sent to both Tom and Warren.

To those asking what we need for our... Bennett 1066 gas pump.

These are the various items, still required:

- door, 3 1/2" round, white or whatever ad glass inserts [2]
- #? light bulbs [2] for face display fixtures
- curved door glass to cover faces etc
- #103 rubber surround for glass inserts that accepts the stainless trim pieces
- complete set of stainless trim [both sides] that fits over the rubber seals, preferably with the neccessary mounting clips etc
- ? hose guard bars [2]

Would like to know what of the above you may have available with prices please, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

ps: Yes Warren! We sure do remember bud. At the moment we also have plenty of them too.

[This message has been edited by ynot (edited 11-06-2007).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ynot,
I have maybe an extra set of hose guards and i bought the Bennett stainless trim for mine but noticed last night i have the trim. That's what i get for thinking i guess. Send me an e-mail with your number and i will call you.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Y
ynot Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
You the man Jarvis and a gentleman at that. Email sent. Thanks!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved