Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
This forum for Non-Petro buying, selling and wanted items

This forum is intended for active community member collectors to post pre-1970 Non-Petroliana items for sale and wanted from the following interest areas:
Vintage Advertising
Country Store
Gameroom
Automotive-Transportation

We don't want this to be a wide open flea market, so please NO unrelated items or items newer than 1970. No commercial vendors inventory or illegal items. We will fine tune this as we go.

* New Members are restricted from posting New Topics in the For Sale forums until they have demonstrated knowledge of the forum and how our online community works with their posts. After 4 such posts, including posting a photo, new members may request an upgrade to regular privileges.

The Guidelines from the For Sale Petroliana forum also apply here, except for the special Non-Petro differences, of course. Please read those Guidelines and follow them.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Please don't ask

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.
All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Jim. you might want to "lock" your message at the top of the column so people see it and it doesn't get buried.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
W
W
Posts that criticize the condition or price of the item will be deleted.
If you don't like the price or the item, pass on it or send the seller a PM or email.
Posts that are "off-topic" and not directly related to the selling of the item will be deleted.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
quick question - do highway signs belong here? I've always thought route markers were petro-related (at least, a lot of petro guys like to buy them from me!) but if not, please let me know, so I can post my signs for sale in the correct location.

thanks!

jake@aaroads.com

any questions about road signs - authenticity, value, etc - ask away!

the AARoads shield gallery - over 10,000 historic highway marker photos

San Diego, CA - US 80, 101, 395
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Highway signs are in a somewhat gray area. They are definitely not petroleum, auto service or gas station related, but they do show up at petroliana specialized swap meets. Some petro guys do collect and display them. I get a few complaints about highway signs in the petro For Sale forum, but there are other members who don't care.

Since you ask, we would prefer highway signs to be in the Non-petro For Sale or Showcase forums. That's the reason the Non-Petro For Sale forum was set up to enable trading all those "kind of related" things like soda & beer collectibles, classic car items, general store and gameroom items. Other roadside collectibles like motel & diner, highway signs and Route 66 memorabilia are all welcome there.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
thanks for the answer!

I'll list highway signs in the non-petro area from now on.

jake@aaroads.com

any questions about road signs - authenticity, value, etc - ask away!

the AARoads shield gallery - over 10,000 historic highway marker photos

San Diego, CA - US 80, 101, 395
E
E
Hi Jim:
I have a number of collectible (Oil Company) promotional items I'd like to post for sale such as cars, airplanes etc. Can these items be posted in this forum?
Thank you.
Ed

Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Ed,
Sorry I didn't see your question right away.

Yes, gas station promotional toy cars, airplanes and other related promo items may be posted here for sale.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Edited Guidelines in the first post of this topic to state that Non-Petro For Sale items are to be at least pre-1970 or older.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
L
L
Hi:

I'm a rookie here so I wanted to run this past you before I posted. I have 1978 Ford Explorer pick-up plastic promo pin to sell. Are you ok with that.

Thanks,

JP

Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Hi LuvOldChevs,

Our definition of petroliana for inclusion in "For Sale or Trade Petroliana" forum includes "auto service and auto dealership signs" but not all the other auto collectibles.

In this "Non-Petro For Sale, trade or Wanted" forum, we are trying to limit items to pre-1970 in the "Vintage Advertising, Country Store, Gameroom, Automotive-Transportation" interest areas.

Hope you understand that we are trying to refine this forum category to only older items and a cut-off date had to be set. So items in those interest areas mentioned that are pre-1970 are encouraged, while items newer than 1970 are discouraged. I recommend offering your 1978 item on eBay instead.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
L
L
Thanks. I'll sell it elsewhere.

I
I
Have just joined this site and understand the need for a cut off date on items. I have a very unique item that is 1973 and involves Indycar racing. It is the wickerbill from the No. 77 car that Salt Walther crashed at the start of the race. It is a historical piece that some of your members might like to add to their garage or shop collections. Wanted ask first before offer it. Thanks ~ Indy

Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
The "Non-Petro For Sale" forum category was intended to be a place where active petroliana collectors could buy or sell items that were not really petroliana, but were within the limited list of items in the Guidelines.

In recent years, we have had an influx of new members who were not petroliana collectors. They used the category to sell unrelated items that could be found in a flea market or garage sale. After many complaints, the limitations on items to be offered for sale were tightened up.

Your item is probably cool in the auto racing memorabilia hobby, but we have drawn a line for age and interest areas in this forum. Sorry that your item is not within the limitations shown in the Non-Petro Guidelines.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Updated the Non-Petro For Sale Guidelines to include the For Sale Petroliana Guidelines, except for the Non-Petro special differences.

So please follow the same rules on limited bumping, required pricing and no criticism of pricing as in the For Sale Petroliana forum.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump Globe auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved