Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#127291 - Sun Nov 12 2006 04:16 PM Re: help...rust stain removal
leonardoil Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Ithaca,Mi USA
Be very careful as I had a friend that said he could get them off and he tried some stuff he praised and it didn't do the job.He then went to town got some product for porc bathroom cleaning,he called me and said it came right off.He brought the sign over and laid it on my floor and it looked great,until I looked at it on a angle.It took the stains out,but took the shine away also.
Jim

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

#127292 - Sun Nov 12 2006 04:54 PM Re: help...rust stain removal
THE AMERICAN GARAGE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: PECONIC BAY, L.I., NY, USA
THAT WOULD BE A PRODUCT CALLED C.L.R. (CALCIUM LIME RUST) OR SIMILAR AND YES IT DOES DULL THE PORCELAIN TAKING AWAY THE SHINE.
USED IT ON A 1932 3' X5' PORC COKE SIGN THAT WAS ALL OVER RUSTY AND HAD ACID RAIN MARKS ON IT AS WELL. I FIGURED WHAT DIFFERENCE WOULD IT MAKE ANYWAY. I EVENTUALLY COATED THE SIGN WITH A CLEAR MARINE POLY. I DIDN'T CARE, THE SIGN WAS A LEFT OVER IN AN AUCTION AND THE DEALER WAS PRACTICALLY GIVING IT AWAY SOME 20 YEARS AGO FOR $50! GOTTA LOVE IT!

~DOC.TAG.W

#127293 - Sun Nov 12 2006 07:08 PM Re: help...rust stain removal
kmann Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: new york
clean em' don't wreck em'.... you just might want to sell them down the line....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved