Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Bob Richards #128844 Fri Jan 23 2009 06:06 AM
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Bob, are you speaking of Canadians only that specify INTERNATIONAL money orders on Ebay ? If so, the reason that Canadians do that is because US buyers paying Canadian sellers sometimes use a POSTAL MONEY ORDER, they have on them on the right side,
" Redeemable in the USA and US possesions Only" and they are pink in colour and the International MO should be green..
When I send a MO from Canada to US I get a World International bank draft from my bank in US funds.. I didn't know that a Canadian could get a money order in US funds and not be cashable free of charge in any country.. I have never heard of a NON-INTERNATIONAL MO and still be in US funds

Wes.......
Wes Hague #128870 Fri Jan 23 2009 10:18 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wes, one can get a money order in any curency(?). When I raced we needed to purchase parts from a small french company's rep in the Daytona area. He worked the IMSA and FIA events here in the US, Mexico and Canada. We used MO's in French Franks. France hit any natonal or company(at that time) bringing in large amounts of US dollars with a "embargo tax". They didn't have to pay it if using the national curency. And no not only Canadians, on ebay I have purchased items from (looking at my records) items from 8 countries and everyone who didn't take paypal demanded international MOs. Also you said "When I send a MO from Canada to US I get a World International bank draft from my bank in US funds.. I didn't know that a Canadian could get a money order in US funds and not be cashable free of charge in any country.. I have never heard of a NON-INTERNATIONAL MO and still be in US funds". I don't know the procedures in any country, I didn't know this could happen here. But, it can and it did. Also you say you get a "World International bank draft", if those words are on the MO, then that is another difference between the ones you purchase and the one sent. Nowhere on it does it have anything about being drawn on an international bank. Looking at a stub from a MO I sent off it does have words to that affect. Either way it is done, even if it were just my bank passing on a fee. If the seller had given me my credit through paypal, the way I paid, I would have had my money a week ago.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Bob Richards #128879 Fri Jan 23 2009 12:13 PM
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
The guy is definately wrong NOT refunding your money via PayPal,, I can't believe PayPal would let him get away with that IF they knew about it ? Sorry about your woes Bob...

Wes.......
Wes Hague #129677 Thu Jan 29 2009 12:47 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A follow up on my experience with the new paypal/ebay rules. Paypal found in my favor and credited my money back. Ofcourse, since the seller never contacted paypal to give his side of why he never sent the can it was pretty much an "open and closed" conclusion. One part I didn't like was being told, that if he hadn't had enough money in his paypal account, I would have gotten back only a portion of my money and the seller would have gotten a "slap on his *** ***". They didn't even say for sure that he would have been removed from ebay. So these new rules don't really protect either the seller or the buyer, just a smoke screen to take the heat off of ebay for awhile. (This is my opinion, not the sites)

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
travis_towle #130209 Wed Feb 04 2009 12:26 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
I guess I see it a little different than others.I think they need to set a different % that they take for expensive items,which they don't do.I have no problem with lesser amount items as it's very quick.But it does keep alot of people from selling expensive items because of Pay Pal (eBay) cost to accept payment.I don't know where else you can sell your items in front of any larger audiende than eBay.eBay is like any big bussiness when it starts out it tries everything in it's power to help you and then it forgets you and becomes $$$$ hungry.That is part of what hurts are hobby as we keep making less as sellers and everybody else wants more money from us.If you figure eBays % for there sales of your items it's not that bad,I'm not sticking up for them as none uf us like to be forced into anything,but I wish big bussiness would consider working with us instead of against us.
jw
PS One other thing that kills are sales is shipping charges

leonardoil
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved