Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131411 Fri Feb 13 2009 02:02 PM
H
OP Offline
H
I have this lubster with mobile decal that has mobile insignia and the word green spot on it. Can anyone tell me about this item? I have never seen it myself until now. Can anyone tell me anything about this, year it is, or just anything about it? I just would like to know more about this because I have never seen or heard of green spot before. Thank YOU!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Oil dispensers were made by just about every gas pump company, plus a number of oil equipment dealers. It is not a Mobil dispenser, just like a Coca-Cola truck was not made by Coke, it was probably made by GM. Mobil or a Mobil dealer was who bought it.

Somewhere on the oil dispenser there should be a ID tag, this will tell you the name of he company who made it. My first Gas Pump Identification book contained many oil dispensers, but most were dropped from the revised edition to make room for more gas pumps. If you find the name of the manufacturer, go to my website: www.petrolianacollectibles.com
then to Gas Pump (and more) literature, then to the company. There is probably a picture of the unit on the website

If there isn't a ID tag, please post a picture of the unit here, one of us should be able to identify it.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
P
P
Green Spot was a brand name used by General Petroleum.....which was purchased by Socony in 1926, and later became Mobil. General continued to market under it's name......and the Pegasus logo was added during the transition period.

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved