Next Thread
Print Thread
#13157 Sat Dec 08 2001 09:36 PM
A
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A
I have a Gilbarco 96C that is stamp dated 4-42 and has a tag on the frame that states "This pump and all equipment attached.....is property of the Standard Oil Company of Louisiana". Could anyone tell me which brands of gas would have been sold from this distibutor. The oldest paint on the pump seems to be white doors, orange base and sides half way up, then white sides and top. It also has an extra large globe mount. Thanks for the help.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#13158 Sat Jan 12 2002 10:52 PM
A
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A
So far I have been able to find out that Standard oil of Louisiana was awarded the areas of Eastern Louisiana and Tennessee(where I got the pump) in 1911 during the breakup. Somewhere around 1930 Standard of New Jersey(Esso) acquired Stanocola. Which leaves me confused why they would still be using the Stanocola id tag in 1942. Which brand would they have used in Tenn. in 1942, Esso or Standard? If anyone can further enlighten me on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved