Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A few more capco globes I've had.
Many people think that collecting globes is expensive. Often times it is an expensive hobby, but it doesn't have to be. The globes I've posted were very affordable. A group of five or ten cheap common globes can still make an impressive display.

MVC-718F.JPG MVC-719F.JPG sinclair dino & dino supreme.JPG

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for all the posts so far!

Bob made a valid point by posting photos of a bunch of entry level globes. It does not take a lot of money to put a good looking group of globes togather. If you put 15 globes at an average cost of say $200 togather it will look pretty impressive. Do that over a period of a few years and most collectors could do that without depriving their family or ending up in divorce court!

The Dino globes that Bob posted are classic examples of neat globes that can be bought at reasonable prices. The second globe I ever purchased was a Dino Supreme and I still have one in my collection. You often see people ask $250-300 for this globe. I can personally guarantee that you will be able to pick up a Dino globe for as little as $175 at the Peotone Show if you are looking for one!

While not a Dino globe per se, the Sinclair Power-X with the Dino logo that is pictured here is an interesting transitional piece that Sinclair used in the late 50s and is one that is not offered for sale very often.

If you have ANY Capco body globes in your collection why not take a few minutes this weekend and share them with the rest of the Oldgas community. Thanks!

Lonnie & Aaron Hop

IMG_5203.JPG

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are a few more. The new yellow body really looks sharp with the Deep Rock lenses.

DSC04550.JPG DSC04552.JPG

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Here are some of my first globes. My brother found the Ashland at a local Lion's Club rummage auction for $3.00!! They turn up ocassionally in weird places. Keep your eyes open for rummage sales where folks donate stuff that's just in their way!

005.JPG
My first capcos.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gotta love a globe with lightning bolts and speed lines.

DSC03069.JPG
Last edited by Lastgas15; Thu Feb 26 2009 06:43 PM.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Lonnie, would you explain the difference between the two Conoco globes. I presume both versions are real. Thanks. John

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
ALSO HAVE THIS VICTORIA OVAL SHAPE PLASTIC BODY GLOBE.WERE THESE OVALS PRODUCED BY CAPCO?

MVC-007S.JPG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
John,
This is the later version that Lonnie mentioned. This is the version thats found on the blue-green, red or white bodies.
There are actually two non-outlined versions. If I remember correctly the difference is in the Conoco lettering.
Bob

conoconooutline.jpg
Last edited by Lastgas15; Thu Feb 26 2009 09:30 PM.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yeah, and we know all about the two different letterings on those Conoco globes, right Bob? Thanks to your wife...Haha!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Tara Worsham
Yeah, and we know all about the two different letterings on those Conoco globes, right Bob? Thanks to your wife...Haha!

Yeah, she's a real trouble maker. Does Wes still have both globes? Maybe you could persuade him to post a picture of the two side by side.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Of course we have both! They're different, ya know! I'll see if I can get him to post a picture. I'm not totally sure where they both are right now. We'll have to dig them out...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is kind of a fun post for me because I just happen to be lucky enough to own 2 Texaco, Capco bodied globes that were actually ON THE PUMPS at my local Texaco station back in the day! I actually viewed these globes on the pumps as a young man and of course, never thought anything of them!
Last spring, an older gentleman that had once owned the station, told me a story about some globes in his basement, that were the actual globes from his old station! After a period of time, I was able to purchase them and I guess they'll always be here now! Enjoy the thread--its a good one!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As was mentioned previously, I have a couple of Conoco globes here that show the two different red triangle logos that I'm aware of so far. Bob's wife Karen was kind enough to point this out, preventing me from having to sell one of the pairs of lenses, since they aren't duplicates!

Note the difference in the size of the bar and Conoco letters:

Both of these globes are in original bodies of the original colors. The white one is all original, and the red one had it's body replaced, but did indeed come in a red body originally (it was broken).

Wes

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I am not an avid globe collector, but I do buy one once in a while and just bought this one friday at the Peotone auction. Lonnie made an excellent point, that there are a lot of nice entry level globes to be had, at affordable prices. This globe was $200.00, the lenses were in great shape and no chips. The Capco, body was really dirty but not broken any place. It was weathered, but it adds to the character of the globe. Glad to share it. Norm Huff.

Norm Huff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice buy Norm! Those lenses look really clean!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved