Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
1 of my 1st globes & the only Capco I kept [our 1st Pug was named SPUNKY].

On original Red body.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Dino and Dino Supreme globes were already pictured. Here are a couple more beginner/ affordable Sinclair globes. A Sinclair Diesel. There are at least three different versions of this one.

There are also three Power X globes;

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi Guys & Gals!

Here are a few Capco body globe photos from the Peotone Show. The "flat top" Imperial Shield globe sold at Matthews Auction on Friday. It is actualy an uncommon globe and was used by Imperial Refineries out of Mount Pleasant, Michigan. I picked it up for a very reasonable bid of $175 and will add it to my Michigan Company display.

Next to the Imperial is an Oco Pep Regular globe that sold for somewhat more than the Imperial! A rare globe, in fact the only Regular that I have ever seen. Noted globe collector Bob Drake snagged it. Oco Pep was out of Bloomington, Illinois I believe and from Bob's back yard. Great purchase!

Also on the Auction was the Bay with the "Bullseye". This globe was used by Bay Petroleum out of Saginaw, Michigan. Uncommon piece and one that is seldom offered for sale.

And last is an uncommon pair of Amlico globes that were offered at the Show. Amilico was a small Texas Marketer that later became part of Fina. One was a single lens, the other had some staining to the back lense and the asking price on the pair was $500. Not an outrageous sum of money if you collect small brand Texas globes.

Take a few minutes and share your Capco globe photos with the Oldgas community. With the new format, pictures are so easy to load that even I can do it!

Lonnie & Aaron Hop

IMG_5207.JPG IMG_5205.JPG IMG_5214.JPG
Last edited by olddutchgas; Wed Mar 04 2009 06:11 PM.

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Virtualy every state had a number of small regional gasoline marketers. I high-lighted a couple small Michigan Company globes last night.

Another small Michigan marketer was the Roosevelt Oil Company which was out of Mount Pleasant, Michigan (along with quite a number of other companies). In the early days of the company they marketed under the Roosevelt name and under the ROC brand. After World War II they switched to the Power Flight and Super Flight Ehtyl globes and they used these until 1955 when they were bought out by Leonard.

Why not take a few minutes tonight or this weekend and share some Capco body globes from your home state? Thanks!

Lonnie & Aaron Hop

IMG_5234.JPG

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I really like those Roosevelt globes!

Here are a few Illinois globes from my collection.

fs.jpg.JPG

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for sharing those two uncommon Illinois globes Bob! Lets see some more capco bodied globes from collections and states from other parts of the country and world!

Here is another uncommon capco bodied globe, an Old Dutch with the windmill from Old Dutch Refining of Muskegon, MI.

Lonnie & Aaron Hop

IMG_1026_17_1_1.JPG

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here are a two uncommon capco bodied globes for you guys and gals down south! We have only ever seen a couple lenses of the one with the small hand logo.

Lets see some more globes! If you feel more comfortable emailing us the photos instead of posting them yourself, please do!

Lonnie & Aaron Hop

IMG_0261_23_1.jpg IMG_0263_25_1.jpg

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Phillips Ethyl on Capco.This came from Harlan Iowa about 30 years ago.

Frank Jordan
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Couple more of my capco globes.

New State i know nothing about but liked the look.

This is a globe that i looked for about maybe a year.

Bought this one from Bill Fortune here on the site... one of my favs!

I will pass on some good info here:
I don't collect because of how much money it's going to be worth later. All of the globes i have in my collection i bought because i love the way they look. Don't pass on $100 or $200 globes just because someone tells you they won't go up in value very fast. You will pass on some very nice globes.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Here are the Capco globes in my collection smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
couple more.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Here is one I found years ago. It is an old decal over a dino globe lens. The other side is Pennant. The old dealer sold it to me some 15 - 20 years ago.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Looking good so far, Thanks to everyone who took time to post. If you have ANY capco body globes why not take a few minutes and share them with the rest of the oldgas community.

Here is a photo of an uncommon Johnson Winged 70 globe that I recently had a chance to photograph. Note the shield logo with white area around it. Most Johnson globes are orange and black all the way to the outer edge of the lense. Johnson is definately one of the more popular small brand companies that collectors are actively looking for. If you check the first page of this post you see a couple of other Johnson globes on capco.

Lonnie & Aaron Hop

IMG_5285.JPG

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here are my capco globes....Dale

MVC-001S.JPG MVC-002S.JPG MVC-003S.JPG

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A lot of our capco globes have already been pictured so far, but here are a few that haven't...

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved