Print Thread
#134290 Thu Mar 12 2009 03:34 AM
M
marty Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
i am not sure where to ask this, so here goes. a friend aquired a 'skinner' hand tire pump a long time ago. it is brass w/ a stirrup on the bottom to put your foot in. it has a date of july 02,04 stamped under the name 'the skinner' any one have any idea of what it is and the value, i can pass it on. the older gentleman it came from thought is came with a early 30's dusenburg? thanks
marty

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
marty #134309 Thu Mar 12 2009 11:14 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Without a picture, I believe you do not have a hand tire pump. What you have is a transfer pump, this was for pumping liquids from one container to another. These pumps are seen at many swapmeets being sold as air pumps and usually sell for around $10.00 unless that are made of brass.

When I wrote the Air Meter Identification book I put pictures of 12 old hand pumps (out of over 100 pictures I had) and then pictured the air pumps that were attached to the auto engines, then the air meters as we know them. This was to show how the air meter developed.

Somewhere in all my literaure I have pictures of your pump.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #134317 Thu Mar 12 2009 12:51 PM
M
marty Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
thanks jack, i have your book so i will take a looka and see. pretty sure it is a tire pump. it is brass, has a wood handle, and the fittings/hose to connect to a tire. probably 24" long and maybe 1.5-2.00 inches diameter. if i can get a pix, i will.
marty

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved