Next Thread
Print Thread
#134957 Tue Mar 17 2009 04:43 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A man just called me and he has:
Red Giant Lube Chart for cars and tractors
Red Giant Salesman samples w/20 labled oil samples &6 small brass grease containers
Maxol salesman samples w/ 16 oil samples (2 empty)
Both of these are in cases of some sort.
He wants to come by tomorrow and sell them to me but I have no idea as to value. Could anyone help here?? If I get them, I will list them for sale tomorrow. Thanks---KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
K W FRITH #135010 Tue Mar 17 2009 08:59 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
There is a collector that advertises in CTO mag every issue that he is looking for what you referred to as Salesman Samples. Actually he is the only person I know of who actually collects them, meaning he is seeking as many as he can find, not just adding one to the collection/accumulation that we all have. I believe I heard he pays around $75.00 for the whole case, but please don't assume this is fact, never sold him one.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #135015 Tue Mar 17 2009 09:45 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Jack Sim
There is a collector that advertises in CTO mag every issue that he is looking for what you referred to as Salesman Samples. Actually he is the only person I know of who actually collects them, meaning he is seeking as many as he can find, not just adding one to the collection/accumulation that we all have. I believe I heard he pays around $75.00 for the whole case, but please don't assume this is fact, never sold him one.

Jack Sim
Jim Snare is the collector you are speaking of,i have sold him lots of Salesman Samples,fair to deal with and a phone call to him would be the way to go .He is from Montezuma Iowa.If you need his No.email me direct.

Frank Jordan

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved