Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Looking good so far guys and gals, lets keep them coming! Later this week I will get some photos up of the different colored capco bodies. Thanks for the posts so far!

Lonnie & Aaron Hop

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are some uncommon capco globes.
This Rock Island is an unusual color, and the body is an unusual color. I think a Frontier like this has been posted. Its a great looking globe and the most common globe in this group. One of my favorites is this Bell Ethyl on orange capco. The UTOCO is extremely rare and obviously a Standard affiliate. The (Stoll) Golden Tip is another favorite of mine.

DSC04907.JPG

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are a few more uncommon capco globes from my collection.
The Sinclair Marine with Sinclair in italics is the rarer later version.
The Pep 88 is from Utah Oil Refining Company (UTOCO)and is scarce as hens teeth.

DSC04906.JPG

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am not a Globe Collector but I have these 3 Globes from a Company that I collect.

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
S
S
Originally Posted By: olddutchgas
Hi Guys & Gals!

Here are a few Capco body globe photos from the Peotone Show. The "flat top" Imperial Shield globe sold at Matthews Auction on Friday. It is actualy an uncommon globe and was used by Imperial Refineries out of Mount Pleasant, Michigan. I picked it up for a very reasonable bid of $175 and will add it to my Michigan Company display.

Next to the Imperial is an Oco Pep Regular globe that sold for somewhat more than the Imperial! A rare globe, in fact the only Regular that I have ever seen. Noted globe collector Bob Drake snagged it. Oco Pep was out of Bloomington, Illinois I believe and from Bob's back yard. Great purchase!

Also on the Auction was the Bay with the "Bullseye". This globe was used by Bay Petroleum out of Saginaw, Michigan. Uncommon piece and one that is seldom offered for sale.

And last is an uncommon pair of Amlico globes that were offered at the Show. Amilico was a small Texas Marketer that later became part of Fina. One was a single lens, the other had some staining to the back lense and the asking price on the pair was $500. Not an outrageous sum of money if you collect small brand Texas globes.

Take a few minutes and share your Capco globe photos with the Oldgas community. With the new format, pictures are so easy to load that even I can do it!

Lonnie & Aaron Hop

I love those small Michigan company globes! I was born and raised in Saginaw but never heard of Bay Petroleum before. Do you have any other info or items from them?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: olddutchgas
Hi Guys & Gals!

Here are a few Capco body globe photos from the Peotone Show. The "flat top" Imperial Shield globe sold at Matthews Auction on Friday. It is actualy an uncommon globe and was used by Imperial Refineries out of Mount Pleasant, Michigan. I picked it up for a very reasonable bid of $175 and will add it to my Michigan Company display.

Next to the Imperial is an Oco Pep Regular globe that sold for somewhat more than the Imperial! A rare globe, in fact the only Regular that I have ever seen. Noted globe collector Bob Drake snagged it. Oco Pep was out of Bloomington, Illinois I believe and from Bob's back yard. Great purchase!

Also on the Auction was the Bay with the "Bullseye". This globe was used by Bay Petroleum out of Saginaw, Michigan. Uncommon piece and one that is seldom offered for sale.

And last is an uncommon pair of Amlico globes that were offered at the Show. Amilico was a small Texas Marketer that later became part of Fina. One was a single lens, the other had some staining to the back lense and the asking price on the pair was $500. Not an outrageous sum of money if you collect small brand Texas globes.

Take a few minutes and share your Capco globe photos with the Oldgas community. With the new format, pictures are so easy to load that even I can do it!

Lonnie & Aaron Hop

Imperial Refineries is out of Clayton, Missouri. The Imperial Globe in your picture is from a different company out of Mt. Pleasant, Michigan and is part of the Johnson Oil Company. Although the Globes do resemble each other they are from Different company's. I am suprised that there were not any Copy Right infringements between the 2 company's.

Here is a Imperial Refineries Globe.

And this Imperial out of Mt Pleasant, Michigan part of the Johnson Oil Company.

Imp. Johnson Globe...jpg

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lets see some more capco body globes! Doesn't matter how common or rare they are.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob,
I am all CAPcoED out. LOL I don't think i have any left to post. Come on guys... lets see those capco's!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Here are some Capcos in my collection. All bodies are originals.

Last edited by wfort39663; Wed Mar 25 2009 12:19 PM.

Bill Fortune
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Very nice Bill smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
those are nice bill very nice

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great globes Bill.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This one isn't a gas pump globe. Travelers Aid is an orginization that assisted stranded travelers. I believe they are still in existance primarily helping battered women. Back in the day their globes could be seen at airports, train stations, and at the YWCA among other places.

travelersaid  capco.JPG

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is one thats on my wish list.

Last edited by Lastgas15; Thu Mar 26 2009 10:25 PM.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Uncommon Mobil diesel globe.

MVC-200F.JPG

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved