Next Thread
Print Thread
#13619 Wed Jan 30 2002 02:12 PM
J
Jeffree Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Howdy y'all,
Great forum you've got here. It's nice to know there's somewhere for petro enthusiast's to go.
I've always been an amateur collector of early automotive doohickeys, but never got too deep into the ins and outs of the hobby.
Now that my collection has reached a a more "significant" size I thought it was time time to start insuring some of it.
I'm sure you're probably sick of this type of question, but could anyone point me in the right direction to begin valuing some of the tougher items?
One that seems to have drawn attention and has proven difficult to place is a 4oz Pure Oil Co. "Drip Front" can w/plastic spout. I'd be happy to post a pic as soon as I can.
any help you can give would be appreciated, and I hope to be spending more time here gabbing with you all.
Have a great day!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#13620 Wed Jan 30 2002 08:19 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Depending on condition, what you describe would probably sell for about $8.00 - $10.00 at a petroleum show. Collectors of this size can have nicknamed them "Handy Oilers."

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#13621 Fri Feb 01 2002 11:59 AM
J
Jeffree Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thx for the reply.
Makes me wonder why some folks got excited about it. I'll add that to my list of collectables for the insurance agent.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved