Next Thread
Print Thread
#137429 Thu Apr 09 2009 11:09 AM
A
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A
I am still learning how to navagate around the new site. I found thats if I go to one of the forums, say, Showcase and Stories, that the first post I see can be dated ??-2000 or it can be ??-2007. It has to do with the small Triangle next to the word posted. Triangle up for current post and triangle down for old post. I told someone to look at pg 69 to view a previous post, he checked it out and said it wasn't there. My triangle was pointed up and his was pointed down, won't work. List begins with either current posts or past posts. Another question, why can't I copy and paste the URL or send the URL email, I get a message unable to pull from site? Thanks.

Mick

Last edited by aquartlow; Thu Apr 09 2009 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
aquartlow #137451 Thu Apr 09 2009 05:48 PM
Online Cool
You're right about the triangle, Mick.
On a forum list of topics, the column on the far right is "Posted" and it shows the time, date and member with the most recent post in that topic. The triangle next to the word "Posted" at the top of the column normally points upward. That sorts the topic list showing the newest post at the top of the list.

If you click on the word "Posted" or the triangle, the list of topics flips over, displaying the oldest post at the top of the list, often back to year 2000. If you want to get back to normal, listing newest first, click on "Posted" again.

There is another variable that will be an issue about "look at page 69." Members can specify how many topics to list on a page. The default number is 30, but you can adjust that in your Preferences to any reasonable number. Preferences can be found in your "My Stuff" menu. You can also specify how many posts in a topic will be displayed on each page.

Remember that choosing a higher number can slow down the delivery of the page to you, especially if you are in dial-up.

You should be able to highlight the URL in your browser's location box, copy it and paste it just like any other text. If part of the URL is missing, it will probably not work and could show an error message. A normal URL for a forum topic would look like this:

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=129148#Post129148

The #Post and the number after it can be left off, but everything else is essential to get to that specific topic to display in the normal way.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #137453 Thu Apr 09 2009 06:00 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am WAY behind you Mick... Triangles? Where do I look to see these triangles that are up or down

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Oldgas #137459 Thu Apr 09 2009 07:06 PM
Online Cool
Originally Posted By: Oldgas

On a forum list of topics, the column on the far right is "Posted" and it shows the time, date and member with the most recent post in that topic. The triangle next to the word "Posted" at the top of the column normally points upward. That sorts the topic list showing the newest post at the top of the list.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #137461 Thu Apr 09 2009 07:58 PM
A
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A
Jim, thanks for the clarification.

This is what I get when I try to pull up URL:
There was a problem looking up this post in our database.

Mick

Last edited by aquartlow; Thu Apr 09 2009 08:24 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved