Print Thread
#1377 Thu Aug 15 2002 07:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I aquired a National 38 pump with add glass that says [CO-OP], nothing else. What does that stand for? I live in Idaho, i've heard of co-op farm stores, I don't know, anybody???

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#1378 Sat Nov 09 2002 03:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any body gave this anythought??It is not the one with shaking hands. I've heard that those exist.. Who knows??

#1379 Sat Nov 09 2002 04:33 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It is from the "Co-op" farm stores. It was a "cooperative", which when originally started, was a group of farmers that went in together (thus cooperative) and purchased supplies together so that they would get a better price buying in bulk. They did this for everything from seed for their fields, to feed for their farm animals, to gasoline. I know that if you belonged to the "co-op", at the end of the year, you'd get a percentage rebate on your purchases for the year.

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
#1380 Sat Nov 09 2002 06:07 PM
V
V
Oltoydoc is correct.I worked at a CO-OP gas station in Wisconsin 17yrs ago.It had been a Shell truck stop before CO-OP bought them out.It seemed as every small town around had one.Later Ampride bought most of the stations.I hope this helps.

------------------

#1381 Sat Nov 09 2002 07:45 PM
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Most states (including Indiana) still have Farm Bureau Co-Op's. I don't know if the Co-Op's in one state have any direct affiliation with those of other states. In Indiana, most of Co-Op's petroleum business is farm accounts, with a few residential fuel oil cutomers. They have very few retail gasoline outlets.

------------------
Jim Hinds
Columbus, Indiana

Jim Hinds
Columbus, Indiana
#1382 Sun Nov 10 2002 05:26 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hey Frankie,

Here in ND, Farmers Union was another COOP that was bought out by Cenex then Land O' Lakes bought them out. What color is the pump and/or add glass? Is this lenses/pump for sale? Thanks again

TN Volunteer

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved