Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Unlike similar abrasive cleaning products, such as Comet and Ajax, Bar Keepers Friend uses oxalic acid as its active ingredient.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
The WD40 will not make a permanent change in the sign. It is useful to remove oxidation and does leave a nice shine. I have heard of using it with a very fine steel wool to remove rust as well. (I have not done that experiment though.)
I have rubbed down my truck with a microfiber towel and a touch of WD40 then used a clean microfiber towel to buff it out. (I have heard that car detailers use this trick) It does make a great shine, beads water like crazy, but does eventually wear off.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WD-40 WILL MAKE DUST STICK LIKE CRAZY!!!!

A auctioneer friend of mine uses it on old tractors and junk to make them sell. But when you get the stuff home it is really dusty. LOL.

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wise man Once Say: Once gloss is lost..it's lost...

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Originally Posted By: texaspelican
your right about barkeepers doing harm to certain colors..thats why I don't use it anymore...I used glass stove top cleaner and extra fine steel wool and have never harmed the colors It will remove the rust stains....come on...what is porcelain? crushed baked glass....

I thought I was the only one who had a problem with bar keepers. So I never posted on here. I destroyed two Contains Signs and something else by leaving it on the surface for a while, oh it was a red porcelain star. I threw that stuff out. I will never use anything but rubbing polish and wax...

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I went and looked at a sign at auction and when I touched it I got oil on my hand. found out from the buyer later he keeps putting W-D40 on it because it keeps drying out is not glossy any more. W- D 40 just short term.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved