Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
While helping a neighbor I spotted these in his shed. Said he had been using the G.E. qts in his lawnmower !

Found this earlier in the year at another place.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
WoW Killer find!!!!!!! Luv the model!!!!!

West Coast signs, globes and quarts
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice.

Would like one of those Golden ones if you get some.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Any chance, that we can get a pic of the "Racing" can????

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here ya go Thunder

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I love helping people clean out their sheds. Michelle doesn't like me cleaning out other people's sheds. Nice find.
Mike

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very nice db! Did you talk your neighbor out of the cans? I too like the Racing Sta-Lube can and the Golden Eagle can.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice Find!!! You Can send that BSA can to Minnesota if want. grin

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
DB,
Think you need to go from shed to shed in that neighborhood of yours...

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Nice finds for sure!!! My older brother had that model. I remember it when I was about 7 or 8. Ditto on the cans smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Shed happens.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As many of you know, I live in a rural area, outside of Denver. Denver, in itself, still has many of its historical aspects, still intact, though few people, recognize their significance, or value. Although, its not easy, one can still find, dirt roads, brick roads, and even narrow gauge railroads, not far from downtown Denver. Even though its there, its hardly recognized, or appreciated.
Out in the rural areas, even more “old stuff” can be found. Visible gas pumps, still being used. A Model T, or a Model A, can still be found, out in the back yard. I’ve even found usable Model T parts, on my own property. And many of you, remember how I found, two Tokheim 36Bs, and the Bearcat and Far-Go decals on them. ( See “The thrill of the hunt” http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=107567&page=1 )
As our area expands, I’m seeing a phenomena, of a sort. Mom & Dad own a large farm, or ranch. All of the kids, have grown up, went to school, got married, and moved away. Sadly, Dad has passed away, and Mom has gone off to live with one of the kids, leaving the developers, to deal with the farm. The equipment, is auctioned off, the buildings, are sold, or even razed, and I get to haul off, whatever is left.
Some of my “goodies” are obtained, in this manner. I can usually, get some stuff, to sell, or trade, this way. Recently, I had the opportunity, to provide my services, for one of these situations. As always, I poke around, to see what “goodies” might jump into my truck, to be hauled away.
The developer thought that I might be interested in this guys shop. I was brought out, to a small, outbuilding, on the place, and soon saw the Rosetta Stone.... It turns out, that this old guy, thought that he would be the next Rockefeller. He had bought into a small refining company, in Louisiana. They had developed an oil, specifically for humid and/or costal regions. This guy, thought, that with a little bit of work, he could develop it into an engine oil, that would be suitable for high altitude applications. The building, was a complete test lab, with engines, machines, even a crude dyno. Books, of test results, papers, numerous products, boxes, cans, and samples, were everywhere. I felt like Alice, lost in Wonderland
I told the developer, that I’d do this one for free Too late. A local scrap dealer, was on his way with a check, and the dozers start tomorrow morning. “But” he said, “Get what you can, and its yours”. I only had my pickup, and it was loaded with, other stuff, so I was only able to get out with these....

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Those are sweet. I know DB will want one of those for sure. Heck me too wink What else was there in there? Shame it all went to the scrapper frown

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
MORE THAN SWEET!!!!! WHEN THUNDER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS RARE FIND.. I THOUGHT HE HAD DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN!!!!! HE WAS SO EXCITED HE WAS SPEECHLESS!!!! AND YOU KNOW HOW HE IS WITH WORDS AND WHEN HE CAN`T TALK ITS HAS TO BE A MAJOR DEAL... I HAD TO GO OVER TO HIS PLACE AND SEE FOR MYSELF,HE WAS STILL GOING ... ON AND ON ABOUT THIS FIND...HE ALWAYS TALKS ABOUT THESE FINDS AND USUALLY COMES UP WITH JUST A PIECE OF JUNK,OR HALF A PUMP OR YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN..SO I WAS HAPPY FOR HIM THAT HE HIT PAYDIRT!!! I THINK ALL OF US CAN RELATE TO THESE KIND OF STORIES,,,,THE FIRST WEEK I THINK HE SLEPT WITH THOSE CANS EVERY NITE!!!!!! TXS ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thunder,
Awesome find. I had heard that story from a friend of mine who lives about a mile down the road from me (also my painter) while he was researching some local area history. I can’t wait to tell him you actually found the place!!!!

I gotta share my friend’s story. My buddy has been intrigued by the area history ever since he moved here and discovered an old railcar on his adjoining property. In fact I run past it when I go jogging….just a train car, sitting in a field with nothing else around it. Anyways, he started researching the area and found that the area we live in had many rail systems running through it to support the farming industry from the early 1900’s. While doing his research, he ran across an old time farmer who had a collection of about 20 gas pumps. While he was trying to work a deal on the pumps, he became friends with the guy and they began swapping stories. The farmer told him about a place he had visited many years ago that was closed down that was some kind of gas or oil lab. Supposedly, the family had inherited this facility and didn’t know what to do with it so they called the farmer since he was a collector. He bought some items and forgot about it after that. Unfortunately, my friend asked but the farmer couldn’t remember the exact location. My friend has been trying to find it ever since.

Do you mind if I bring him up to check out your find?

You’re right about finding stuff all over hidden away in various places. I picked up a visible last year from a farm that the farmer was still using to pump gas for his tractor.

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved