Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#141340 - Mon May 25 2009 08:01 AM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: Hemibird]
Thunder II Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: On the plains of Colorado
Chuck, The Denver & New Orleans RR, ran very close to your house in fact. I was told, that this stuff came up on the railroad, but after the flood, that washed away the tracks (which were never replaced) that he lost his ability to ship his products back & forth affordably. Between that, and his failing health, it went downhill from there.

BTW. Rumor has it, that they actually lost a locomotive, just north of you, in Elbert, during that flood.

I sent you a pm. Yes. We'll have to get together with this.

I'd rather be flying.....

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#141365 - Mon May 25 2009 12:07 PM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: Thunder II]
Hemibird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
I heard about that Locomotive story....just thought it was folklore. Funny cause my address is actually Elbert even though I'm 10 miles away. My town was once called Eastonville but it was ravaged back in the teens. It shows up on my old Powerlube maps but it certainly doesn't exist today. Didn't know any of that until my friend (the guy looking for the old lab) gave me the history of the area.

#141378 - Mon May 25 2009 08:09 PM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: Hemibird]
huskybob Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Near Tracy Rock
Nice try guys......... wink

#141380 - Mon May 25 2009 08:43 PM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: huskybob]
frankpl Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Visalia,Ca
Is this the train that you are talking about Chuck?

#141427 - Tue May 26 2009 06:33 PM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: frankpl]
oldnfuelish Offline
FATW Feature Host

Loc: Antioch,IL
thunder those cans are awesome.why i never knew of that company.must of been based in santa paula,ca?the pic looks strangely familiar!!

#141428 - Tue May 26 2009 06:41 PM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: oldnfuelish]
Thunder II Offline
Veteran Member

WOW. Mick!!!!! You found some too?????

Heres a pic of the back of the can, for those of you who asked.

#141433 - Tue May 26 2009 07:10 PM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: Thunder II]
Esse's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Janesville, Mn. 56048
You Guys are a Bunch of Clowns!!! wink grin wink

#141452 - Tue May 26 2009 10:03 PM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: oldnfuelish]
Hemibird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
Frank,
That's the one! I assume you snapped it when you came by last year with DB

#141881 - Sun May 31 2009 05:47 PM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: Dick Bennett]
oldnfuelish Offline
FATW Feature Host

well today i helped one of my neighbors move some stuff out of his weekend place a couple of houses down.because of the economy hes gonna rent it.so we were takeing stuff down the block to the small resort that his dad owns,and putting it in the old garage.saw this hanging in the rafters.not petro,but i guess its from the mid 70s. i live on the chain o lakes and this is a painted sign that says official claiming station.these were used in winter for the ice fishing derby. .not real special,but a nice peice of local history

hey he says i can have it so the price i s right.now i just gotta go and get it out of the rafters

Edited by oldnfuelish (Sun May 31 2009 05:52 PM)

#141883 - Sun May 31 2009 06:14 PM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: oldnfuelish]
archer2 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Marshall Va USA
That's cool Mick, it's the local stuff that I like the most.

#141886 - Sun May 31 2009 06:21 PM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: archer2]
VEEDOL_AL1 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: AURORA COLO-80014
too cool!!!! i love the local part of it!!! that means a lot to me!!! i would go for it..what a comversation piece... alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.

#141889 - Sun May 31 2009 06:27 PM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: VEEDOL_AL1]
Thunder II Offline
Veteran Member

Local stuff... Yeah. Like weasel Oil..... LOL.

I'd rather be flying.....

#141899 - Sun May 31 2009 08:01 PM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: Thunder II]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Is that for Claiming prizes for Tagged Fish ?

#141920 - Mon Jun 01 2009 06:46 AM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: Dick Bennett]
oldnfuelish Offline
FATW Feature Host

i believe that it is db.dont think they tag em anymore,but i know they used to .

#141924 - Mon Jun 01 2009 10:32 AM Re: Just Never Know What You'll Find..... [Re: oldnfuelish]
bruzer75 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Grants Pass, OR, USA
Awesome sign Mick! Get a picture of Steven and his fish by it.
Mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved