Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#141336 Mon May 25 2009 05:05 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Does anyone have a picture of the counter trip mechanism for this pump? It had a big ole spring tied on the end of that 1/4" bolt and connected to the counter. I'm sure that wasn't correct. If anyone has a picture of a restored pump or catalog picture that would be great.

counter.jpg dcp_1319.jpg

Wanted: Nebraska advertising items Cushman, Dempster, Archer oil etc.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Online Cool
Welcome to Oldgas.com Shop Talk!

Somebody out there has to have one of these.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #141342 Mon May 25 2009 06:15 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas. I'm not familiar with that pump, however my Wayne has a ratchet mechanisim, inside the head. It was gunked up, after no use for all those years. It just needed a good cleaning. If I remember correctly, the hand is removed, then the face, then that will give access to the screws that hold the head on. After removing those, I can get to the mechanisim. Yours might be similar.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Thunder II #141372 Mon May 25 2009 01:19 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If you look on page 42 of my first Gas Pump Identification book, or page 30 of my second Gas Pump Identification book, you will see the American A Curb Pump with stops. This is possibly American's first pump.

It is also shown on this page of my website: http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/american%20a.htm

To look at the entire website (over 5000 images devoted to Petroliana), go the www.petrolianacollectibles.com

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #142490 Mon Jun 08 2009 12:22 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I took apart the label holder to remove the rotten cardboard and found it full of these labels. Was this used to keep track of how many gallons you pumped out of the bulk tank? Amazing they weren't all stuck together , just the outer was was rotten.

dcp_1354.jpg dcp_1355.jpg

Wanted: Nebraska advertising items Cushman, Dempster, Archer oil etc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As the price of the product changed, you would change to the correct strip. The price at the top would be what your customer paid for a full gallon.

The outside spring was probably added after the spring inside the counter broke. It would pull the counter lever down with the rack. Counter was only for full gallons, a pointer on the rack would align with the pricing strip for parts of a gallon.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved