Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have a question about his Texaco sign. My "A Tour with Texaco" shows a sign similar, but it is the "Black T" logo and isn't dated. Did Texaco use the same design for 20 years or so? I couldn't find the sign in my Texaco Collectibles book. I'm not saying the sign isn't "original", just wondering.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Excellent job keeping us informed Keith, Looking at some of his other items I would not buy a thing from this seller, He has way too many (FOUND IN ORIGINAL BOX, BUT BOX HAD TO BE THROWN AWAY ITEMS) that he has sold over and over

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Ask a Dr. Pepper collector about the license plate attachment.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dr Pepper pic is the same one used over the the last couple years.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
gm: My comment wasn't meant in the least to be unproductive, sorry you took it that way. I'm hearing you say the can and box are original, the glass is repop. I'm hearing you say the cans were used to advertise a wide variety of products. If a person doesn't know for a fact the glass in question was ever originally produced they should steer clear is what I'm getting from your posts. I appreciate the fact you know more about these type of signs.

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
It's the Authorized Dealer lettering that looks modern for that old of a sign.

I think what gm was getting at was this is one of those items where fantasy glass could be put into it(COULD).
Similar to all those gas station Pam clocks with scratched up bodies and mint repro faces.

Now with the box, the feedback, and condition of the housing that is indeed are harder case to make for the ad glass being reproduction.

But I dont know for sure. I didnt find the items personally so I dont know. I just very critical of NOS items these days.

My .02
Mark

D
DP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
If you look at his past sales, it seems odd that he always found so many of numerous items like the Texaco sign, the Sunbeam bread sign and the Dr Pepper toppers. Not impossible maybe, but odd.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved