Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Is there anyone who can tell me more about the following: Oil A Series of Booklets Prepared and Published by the American Petroleum Institute, 1930. It says compliments of The Texas Company and is published by The Lord Baltimore Press, 188 pages and illustrated in black and white, brown cover with illustrated oil fields on the top and bottom of the front cover.

I also have two Arabic to English Translation booklets: Arabic Work Vocabulary For Americans in Saudi Arabia, Prepared by Education Division Personnel Department- Arabian American Oil Company Saudi Arabia 1945 (2nd edition revised); and Handbook of the Spoken Arabic of Bahrain- Bahrain Petroleum Company Limited.

More importantly, do these items qualify as petroliana?

Any information regarding any of these items would be greatly appreciated, as I have been searching the internet for several weeks and have come up with nothing.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have many pieces of literature like this, so many that I have never read them. This hobby is more on the hardware (owning and restoring equipment used in service stations) than on the software (reading about satistics of what is in oil or how to handle it). I would give mine away if I could find anyone who was willing to pay the shipping.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
P
OP Offline
P
Interesting, so you have literature like the one I have described? Could you list a few of the titles so I could do some research? I would like to see if yours come up with no internet references, as well. Let me know the titles and maybe I can be lucky one willing to pay the shipping. Thanks

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't know of anyone here that collects literature on oil field/leases/processing/translating/etc.
We are into collecting the histories, signage, pictures of stations/bulk plants, advertising items done by/for oil companies & the items used/sold at gasoline stations.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved